Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The people have spoken: Get TRAVIS CROSS to DROP THE PUCK! Jackie Little DOMINATING at National Seniors Women's Golf Championship!

I went to bed last night sometime around 9pm and woke up to three different email alerts for comments made here on the blog.

I was very happy upon further review to see that they involve people thinking Travis Cross should be the one who drops the ceremonial first puck on the 2008-2009 Alberni Valley Bulldogs season.

I agree 100%!

Jamie Amos and I were actually kicking that idea around over the weekend down at the 'Pound during Bulldogs camp.

I hope Travis can be available to drop the puck (he will be back working by that point) and I also hope that the Bulldogs will invite him to do so. The roar of close to 2000 people and the inevitable standing ovation he will receive might just be the final cherry on top of this entire journey for Travis and the community. It will most likely be the biggest local crowd to thank him, and it will SURELY be the loudest.

I'm e-mailing the Dogs office right now with my two cents, for what they are worth!

Who knows, they might have this planned already!

________________________
Holy smokes, Jackie Little is absolutely shredding the competition at the Canadian Women's Senior Championship in St. John's.
I didn't talk about Jackie here on the blog yesterday, but I did mention it on my Sportscasts on THE PEAK throughout the day....she led after one round yesterday by two strokes.
AFTER yesterday, her lead has grown to ELEVEN. No, that's not a typo.
Thanks to Dan for sending me this update, from SLAM SPORTS at Canoe.ca

Way to go Jackie!!

More later!
Hammer

No comments: