Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Travis Cross to address community at Salmon Fest Opening Ceremonies Friday Night!



Another cool thing in the incredible story that is Travis Cross and Port Alberni.

Here's an email I received today from Port Alberni Fire Chief Tim Pley:

Hi Evan, I'm hoping that you can help us get a message out regarding a public homecoming for Travis Cross. Travis will be on stage at the Salmon Festival at 7 PM on Friday evening. This will be Travis' opportunity to publicly thank the community and the Community's opportunity to show Travis how proud we are him.

Thanks, Tim


Of course I'm all over promoting this!!

I have lined up an interview with Tom McEvay Friday at 8:10am on the 93.3 The Peak FM morning show to get one final update on the Alberni Wrestling Delegation's trip to China corresponding with Travis' Olympic Debut.

I just REALLY hope that Tom doesn't show up with a copy of his phone bill from all those calls he made to THE PEAK to give us on-air updates from the journey!

That's it for now....TONNES of news to get to tomorrow!

Hammer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope the Bulldogs bring Travis to the home opener for the ceremonial faceoff. This would a great move by the Bulldogs.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

I sent an e-mail to Tom McEvay at the Bulldogs office to ask if they will have TC there for opening night puck drop.

Sure hope so!