Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Martin Mars Waterbomber Videos.

This blog now contains 99.9% HOCKEY content. Going to shake it up a bit today to post some videos of these giant birds. I've searched high and low on the internet and have seen every picture and video. Check out the Flying Tankers Inc. official website for info on the company, the planes, and of course- pictures and videos.

Flying Tankers

Besides the videos they have on their site, I was surprised to find that an internet search yeilded only ONE other video of the Mars Waterbombers. And it wasn't a video of them IN THE AIR. So I decided to take some of my own mostly for my own enjoyment, but also for the purpose of sharing the beauty of these great birds with anyone else that loves them. It's funny when they fly over Port Alberni how up and down the street one can see people of all walks of life and all ages bounding out of the house to see them fly over. They never get old, and the thrill of seeing them airborne doesn't either. At least to me, I can't speak for the rest of you. There's few sounds as beautiful as that unmistakeable drone of the four big engines as the Mars lumber home to base or head out for a firefight. For me, maybe only the sound of the Mulitplex Horn sounds as sweet. Without further delay, here's 3 videos I took off my front deck of the big birds doing some training, I believe. Just hit the > PLAY button and they should start automatically. Thanks for stopping by and ENJOY. Tomorrow, it's back to HOCKEY talk as I'll be posting the second podcast in my series of 2003-2004 Bulldog Highlights! Questions, comments, complaints, yaddah, yaddah- EMAIL me or post a comment.

Hammer.

Flyby # 1



Flyby # 2



Overhead, my personal fave. From my back deck to the front, on the full run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hammer !

I basically grew up out at the base - hounding the engineers and running arount the planes inside - outside and on top of them :) my father was a pilot.
I will pass your blog onto him.

It was neat to hear the excitment of the children in the background.

Susan Jones said...

Pretty darn good Ham!
gotta love technology.
Thanks for sharing!