Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Two down, two to go for Bulldogs, Bombers 1 and 1, Toy Run + more

 

Hi, Happy Tuesday, and thanks for checking out the blog. 


I need a weekend for my weekend! Bulldogs, Bombers, the Fall Fair, Soccer, Rugby... did I miss anything in there?  


The Bulldogs went 1 and 1, topping  the Clippers 4-0 in Nanaimo on Friday night, and dropping a 6-4 decision at home on Saturday night. 


It's always hard to get an accurate read this time of year as teams aren't dressing their full rosters, players are making their first appearance in the BCHL (albeit in exhibition) and the level of intensity isn't what it will be when it comes to game one. 


Having said that, it's as close as you're going to get prior to Game One on September 22nd. 


I saw some good things- I saw some concerning things. I'm excited for the season to begin for real, and of course the final two preseason games this weekend - in Duncan against the Capitals on Friday and at the Multiplex on Saturday night when the Bulldogs host the Capitals to conclude their preseason.


You can watch Friday's game on FloHockey, courtesy of Capitals play-by-play broadcaster Justis Doucet. 

 

The Port Alberni Bombers also went 1 and 1 to start their regular season, winning 3-1 in Nanaimo on Thursday and falling 8-4 in Lake Cowichan on Friday. 


There's perhaps no better introduction to the grind that is Junior Hockey than back to back games on the road in as many nights! I was happy to see the Bombers get a win on night one, and fight back from a hole and show no signs of quitting on Saturday. There will be growing pains - but having standards in regards to your character as a team can take you a long way. 


The Bombers play their home opener Friday when they host Oceanside - they visit the Generals on Saturday night. 



The 39th Annual Port Alberni Toy Run goes this Saturday and Sunday. 


It's a very busy day for me, as I'll be doing my regular bike count live on 93.3 The Peak FM Saturday afternoon, before broadcasting live from the Glenwood Centre to follow. Always a fun time - here's hoping for good weather! 


Find out all the details you need to know on the Toy Run website here


Thanks as always for reading the blog! 


Hammer 



No comments: