Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Kane's

One of the best places to chow down on the BCHL Circuit - Kane's Sports Bistro in Powell River.




Great food, great service, and great atmosphere.



Here's a funny story from a couple of years back. One of the Kane's servers gave me a rough time - jokingly because I was with the Bulldogs. I jokingly said "I know your owner, I'll get you in trouble if you don't treat me nice" And she just laughed....




So I texted a mutual friend of Kane's owner Lori and I, and told her to message Lori and get her to call the restaurant to let them know I was important and needed preferential treatment.




A minute later the phone rang at the till and the waitress said "Is there a Hammer here" and I raised my hand. She had a dumbfounded look on her face and said "that was my owner, I need to make sure we take very good care of you"


And I said "see, I told ya"



Needless to say, the boys loved it and it was an instant classic "tale from the road"




If you ever come to PR - you haven't really BEEN here if you haven't ate at Kanes!





Hammer






Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

3 comments:

Nick said...

Where is Kanes in relation to where the hotel is (I'm assuming Town Centre again)

Hammer said...

If you walk past MacDonalds heading to the rink, Kane's is on the left in the same building that is also QF. Kanes is farthest left towards the water....if that makes sense.

Nick said...

Alrighty.. I have a good working idea.. will keep that in mind.