Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh right...THE BLOG......Hanging with Gordie Howe, Kevin Ross and Matthew Wong interviews.

Wow, what an afternoon!

"Experience of a lifetime" doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

I went with my good buddy the BIG DOG Les Doiron today to Chances RimRock expecting to attend a "Press Conference" as Gordie Howe arrived at Chances by Helicopter.

Very funny Les.....I noticed that there wasn't any "press" present when we got there, but I didn't make anything of it. Shortly afterwards Gordie lands, and I'm blown away to see MR HOCKEY in the flesh with my own two eyes. I couldn't get over how big he was. And that's by today's standards. I can't imagine him playing when he did and how feared he must have been.

SO, as I'm still stunned to be in the presence of Mr. Gordie Howe, I get a "come on let's go" from Wayne Coulson. Ok....where are we going?

Turns out we're going upstairs into the Coulson Group of Companies Boardroom and lounge, to LOUNGE with Gordie Howe. I kid you not. It STILL hasn't sunk in.

For over an hour 6 or 7 of us basked in the legend that is Mr. Hockey. Story after story. We hung on every word. He recalls names like it all happened yesterday, when it was 40 50 and 60 years ago.

The thing I was most impressed with and most blown away by was just simply how nice and genuine Gordie was.

A true beauty!

I have an interview I'll post later....YES, I got to interview GORDIE HOWE. I still can't believe it.

And I have some pictures I'll post below or later. Les got some great pictures of me and Gordie that I can't wait to see.

(P.S. get on that Big Dog)

Now - As promised and as requested, here's a couple interviews from our broadcasts over the weekend that I got emails about! As always, all audio is courtesy and copyright 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group.


Click to listen to KEVIN ROSS

AND

Click to listen to MATTHEW WONG



Thanks thanks thanks to Wayne Coulson and to Les Doiron. I don't know what I did to deserve this or what I owe you now, but bring it on and thank you very much!

Next up for Gordie - Salmon Fishing tomorrow morning, and then an lunch affair at Chances. I doubt tickets are still available....but you can try to get one by calling Chances RimRock at 724-ROCK!

Here comes Gordie!

Yes, I'm taking the picture in one chair, and Gordie is RIGHT THERE. I still really can't believe it. Wayne Coulson looks on, enjoying one of Gordie's great stories...
A cool pic with Les and Gordie. Wayne got Gordie to sign the wing of the Martin Mars Waterbomber Model.
And my own special autograph. Signed "Gordie Howe Mr. Hockey #9"
Thanks Gordie!
Hammer

No comments: