Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR TRAVIS CROSS PICTURES AND VIDEOS

A plea to anyone getting together tonight to watch Travis!

Whether it's at home with a group of friends, at a Sports Bar or Pub or especially everyone at the Community Viewing Party - PLEASE take some pictures, please take a couple of 60 second videos, and PLEASE send them to me. Or youtube them or whatever!

The reason I ask- While I really want to see what all of the fever that happens tonight looked like and what it felt like for MYSELF, I also know it will be even more special to Travis and all of the supporters from Port Alberni who are over in China.

While it was on a much smaller scale, I went through an "away from home" moment when I was the play-by-play voice of the OCN Blizzard and we went to the 2002 Royal Bank Cup in Halifax.

Nova Scotia is a long way from Manitoba, and it was only 2 or 3 weeks notice, so there were plenty of fans that couldn't make the trip. The team ended winning the semis and going all the way to the finals.

The ONLY regret I have from the whole experience of a thousand great memories I'll never forget - is that I couldn't be HOME with the people of the community to experience what it was like to watch from afar.

I heard story upon story of community gatherings everywhere, restaurants and and bars going crazy, people running through the streets hugging strangers and drivers on the streets getting out of their cars to celebrate.

I regretted at least not seeing a picture or a video to hear more than a "story"

So- I'll be taking a camera to Boston Pizza tonight to capture the people there. If you can do it wherever you go or wherever you are, that would be cool.

Submit them to my via email to bulldogs@933thepeak.com and be sure to put TRAVIS CROSS in the subject line. Don't hesitate as well to contact me should you need some technological assistance!

I will post the submissions here and I will get them to Travis!

Just a little something small like these would be great, just poor quality cell phone videos. I happened to take both of them on the spur of the moment, and I'm glad I still have the moments captured!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Hammer



No comments: