Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Nashville Predator fans ROCK, Welcome- The Argyle Public House, Gold in the Net Golf Tourney

Wow, how about those Nashville Predators? (I was on the record on my 93.3 THE PEAK FM show predicting Preds in 7 over the Wings, BY THE WAY)

How about my bud Jordin Tootoo- 2 goals in 4 playoff games?

The most impressive thing to watch in this series so far in my opinion are those nuts Predator fans! They must have seen some video of the fans at the famous Cornell Big Red Lynah Rink, because they sing all the time in unison with some of the same songs they sing at Cornell, as far as I can tell. I remember their fans singing last year in the playoffs, but not like they are now. The only other place in the NHL where I hear the fans sing as often and in unison as in Nashville is in Montreal.

Hands up whoever thought Nashville fans would be likened/compared/linked to the great Montreal fans? Exactly my point. It was cool watching the CBC coverage of Game 4 last night. They came back from a commercial break and said the crowd was just plain rocking for the entire commercial break. Way to go Nashville. You saved your team, and now you are enjoying it. Every hockey/media person and fan in Canada that says US and Southern and non-traditional hockey markets don't deserve a team needs to just watch 5 minutes of a game from the Sommet Centrer.

The video evidence is below- check it out.



The two goals in 9 seconds was just plain NUTS.
Kinda reminded me of the fans at the DOG POUND when Jordin Kremyr scored 2 goals in 22 seconds. Just minutes after the Clippers scored 2 in 44 seconds. I of course posted that 05-06 highlight earlier on the blog this season after Bulldogs alumni Stephen Pattison said it was the loudest he had ever heard the pound in his three years of playing here.

LISTEN HERE



The Argyle Public House opens its doors

For immediate release:

April 16, 2008

Contact: Rob Boyko, 250 723 3510 or rob@theargylepub.com

Port Alberni, BC

Port Alberni's most infamous bar has changed - for the better. The Argyle is now open in the former home of the Pink Panther and the Blue Zoo. The 153 seat Argyle Public House has Port's best collection of Scotch, super fresh domestic draft from across Canada for $3.75 a pint, and, as the website says, (www.theargylepub.com) the Argyle strives to be "A generally good waste of time".

Proprietor Rob Boyko is pleased to open a bar with a full pub menu that is built to be a great place for a drink after work, or to bring a group of friends to enjoy live music and dancing on the weekends. Large flat panel tv's, big comfy leather chairs, great bar stools, and a very cool umbrella holder are part of the charm. "The Bar needed serious work when I took it over in November. I think it's safe to say the Argyle now has one of the nicest women's bathrooms of any bar or pub in Port. We did keep the pole for posterity but we prefer our guests keep their clothes on.", Boyko quipped.

The Argyle hosts the BC Amateur Poker League's Texas Hold'em tourney on Monday evenings starting at 7 sharp. Registration begins at 6. Play is free, and in addition to earning points in the BCAP league (www.bcap.ca), there are nightly prizes and promotions. New players to the game of Hold'em are always made to feel welcome.

Sunday afternoons the Argyle hosts a two table pool tournament starting at 4 pm - again with interesting prizes and a "beat the champ" format.

The Argyle is proud to sponsor the Sunday Mixed Slow Pitch league, the PA Kings, and the Screamers (don't ask).

Raising money for charities in the community is important to Rob and the Argyle family. Special events can be held at the Argyle to raise money for your favourite charity - and the Bar always chips in cash for a good cause.

The Argyle is looking for great local and regional bands for its Friday and Saturday nights and individual or duo musical talent for Thursday nights.

For event information, to inquire about booking a special party or charity event, to book a band or musician, or for employment opportunities please visit www.theargylepub.com or better yet, stop by!

What: The Argyle Public House (www.theargylepub.com)

Where: 5251 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC, V9Y 1V1, 250 723 3510

Who: Rob Boyko, Proprietor (rob@theargylepub.com)

When: 3 pm - late, 7 days a week

How: By taxi or designated driver preferably, 19 and older with a bit of money and a sense of fun

Why: Who doesn't want to have a good time?

___________________________________________________________________
I was lucky enough to get a "sneak peak" in the pub last week. Trust me, you wouldn't believe it was the same place. I will check it out for real and take some pictures for the blog if I'm allowed. I will for sure post a review on the food and drink too!

Some of you may wonder why I post about this stuff. It's simple really, I just like to promote new businesses in town that I know will be sports oriented and community oriented. It did the same thing when Boston Pizza opened. There's no perks in it for me (at least there hasn't been yet) but that's not why I do it anyway.
__________________________________________________________________
Movin' along- My thanks goes out to Perry Elderbroom at GOLD IN THE NET for inviting me to be the MC for their Golf Tourney coming up in May at Morning Star Golf Course. It should be a good time, and it's for a great cause- the Aaron C. Cornwall Memorial Scholarship Memorial Fund. I encourage you to sign up and get over there to hit the links- see the information below. Bulldogs 08-09 recruit Frank Slubowski is of course a GOLD IN THE NET product.

That's it for today.
GO HABS
GO FLAMES

Hammer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm from Nova Scotia and we are wondering what the fans are singing after a goal? We can't make it out on TV.

Hammer said...

Holy Cow! Hi Nova Scotia!

How did you find the blog?

I will see if I can do some further research on the song/chant/taunt lyrics they are singing.

After the goal, the best I can decipher is this:

song....
Rock and Rollll

fans
"HEY....YOU SUCK"
repeat.

Then at the end I think the fans say

"We're gonna beat the hell outta you....YOU...YOU..YOU YOU!!

Shawn said...

They sure are loud and proud in the playoffs.

Of course the main argument about the merrit of the team has to do with the fact that they don't show up during the year...

Hammer said...

Shawn,

Thanks for posting...Sorry I didn't see it sooner. I am supposed to get an email to me when someone comments but I didn't get one for yours.

Good point abou the merit of the fans if they aren't coming in the regular season. I haven't looked at their regular season crowd numbers to know that.

Hopefully a playoff RUN will keep them coming back next season and through all the home games. If memory serves me right the Preds have never won a playoff series?