Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Bulldogs start 0 and 2, BULLDOGS THIS WEEK is BACK 6-7pm tonight, May's new gloves, the worlds best soup?

Hello and thanks for stopping by the blog. The Bulldogs opened the season over the weekend with losses in Nanaimo Friday and Powell River Saturday. For my recaps on those games please visit the Bulldogs website and click on "Hammers Recap" to see what happened.

After everyone got the jitters and nerves out in the first game in Nanaimo I thought that everyone looked better Saturday in Powell River. That's what it's going to be about for this group- getting better every night.

This week of action sees two games- a home and home set beginning in Duncan Saturday against the Caps, before heading back to Port Alberni Saturday FINALLY for the Dogs home opener. Should be fun as always.

"Bulldogs this week" is BACK! Now, for those that probably don't know it was even gone, here's the background- In 2004-2005 the radio station (then CJAV AM) produced a 2 hour Monday night "Bulldogs This Week and BCHL This Week" show that was hosted by yours truly at the radio station. We brought on a host of guests locally and league-wide to talk BCHL and hockey in general. Due to a variety of reasons the show was put on the shelf for the last couple of years. Now, it's back, and I'm excited to be hosting it again. We have made some changes, namely- the show is only 1 hour long, and it will now be ON LOCATION at Alberni Chrysler, located "at the top of the town" in Port Alberni by the Tourist Info Centre. We have plans as the show progresses to open it up for the public to come by and watch, and even ask a question or two. For the first week though, we intend to just do the show and get the kinks out of the way. You are welcome to send an email for me or my guests HERE if you have any questions. Also, I am always open to any suggestions/complaints/ideas. Bring 'em on!

Tonights guests will be:
Dogs head coach/GM Alan Kerr
Bulldogs forward Daniel Moriarty
BCHL Commissioner John Grisdale
Cowichan Valley Capitals Coach/GM Scott Robinson

It should be a lot of fun! Big thanks to the radio station staff for making it happen, for Alberni Chrysler for coming on board, and last but no least the Bulldogs organization for their commitment and involvement. Without them, there is NO SHOW.

I have to run as I'm in the process of getting read for the show, but I have a couple of pictures for you.

First, I give you the new gloves belonging to Bulldogs Goalie Harrison May. I LOVE the "MayDay" stitching. You see, I take credit for "MayDay" being Harrison's nickname. Last season the boys were calling him "Dirty Harry" (yes after the Eastwood character) but I thought MayDay was much more appropriate. Harrison, I expect my royalty check any minute now.


I give you the "worlds best soup" (in my humble opinion) It's the "Roasted Scallop" soup first discovered by Matt Auerbach when he was the Dogs trainer. I made sure the tradition of the staff and support guys getting the soup lived on last year, and I raved about it enough this year that we got to have it again on Saturday. Honestly, I would go to Powell River and back just for this stuff. It sure tastes better than the picture might lead you to believe, trust me! No one else thought it was as good as I did....Must be due to how much I pumped it up ahead of time!
Don't forget "Bulldogs This Week" tonight at 6pm on 93.3 The Peak FM. The show might actually make it onto the BCHL Fanzone tonight under "Live Shows" It will surely be there in the future for fans and parents outside Port Alberni, but I'm not sure if the league and station can swing it for tonight. I really did my best with that one, but it's out of my hands.

Thanks for reading the blog!
Hammer

No comments: