Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Coach, Poll results, More 2003-2004 Highlights Podcasted


Hello, thanks for stopping by the blog. Anyone else sick of the heatwave? wowzers. Spent the entire weekend by the pool trying to beat the heat. Thanks Judy and Gary! Hows that for a picture? Historic, for the Bulldogs at least. It may be the only picture of this moment that exists. The on ice celebration of the last win of the winning streak, an incredible 2o in a row. A third of the season. The streak ended the next night in Merritt. Seems like long ago, but I still remember it. 3-2 was the final score if I remember correctly. Jordan Kremyr snuck past the Viper centreman off an offensive zone face off in double overtime, and beat the Viper keeper unassisted for the game winner. I grabbed the camera while doing the play-by-play and just had to take a picture.

Thursday was a big day for the Dogs as they announced their new coach, Dave Whistle. Great name for a coach. The Dogs also announced that Rick Schvienk will return for a third year as assistant coach. In my opinion, Rick will be vital this year in passing along what he's learned over the last two seasons with Jim along to Dave. Not only that, I'm sure Rick will play a big part in helping Dave get accustomed to the Dogs organization, their roster, and the BCHL.

Click HERE to read the Dave Whistle press release from the Dogs website.

Now to the poll. I asked this question-Which 05-06 Bulldogs player are you going to miss watching most? You can click HERE to read the results.

Now onto the more "blasts from the past" I dug up. Below is a link of game highlights from game 1 of the 2003-2004 playoffs. I remember the game like it was yesterday. It was my first Bulldogs playoff game broadcast. Game 1 was in Duncan against the Caps. The Capitals finished first on the Island after being out the Clippers on the last game of the regular season. If you remember the last 2003-2004 highlights I podcasted, the Bulldogs beat out the Victoria Salsa for 4th on the Island on the last game of the regular season with a victory at Bear Mountain Arena. The Bulldogs vs Capitals matchup didn't look like a good one for the Dogs. The Capitals handily won the season series, and the Bulldogs hadn't won a single game in Duncan all year. I remember doing the broadcast with barely any voice left. I had a wicked cold and cough and sure didn't sound good. But I pulled through, haha. Enough of the typing, lets get to the action.

Dogs vs Caps PART 1 click HERE


Thats it for now. Thanks for stopping by the blog, good luck in trying to beat the heat. Hope you enjoyed the highlights. I'll work on a new poll regarding the best comeback of the year that I will put up soon. Any suggestions, post a reply or send an email.

Cheers,
Hammer.

3 comments:

dan "the stats man" said...

brought back some exciting playoff memories.. wheres part two though hammer? the overtime goal. also can you post the game six highlights? especially tids winner with 1:30 or so left in the third. i doubt any bulldog fan will forget that game. thanks

dan "the stats man" said...

oops also forgot.. wanted to say welcome to the alberni valley to coach whistle, and also to the new trainer.. avi walker.

Hammer said...

OT highlights are now posted! I tried to post them before but messed up. Sorry! Game 6- I surely won't forget it either. In fact, I remember the Tiball winner coming with 6:30 or so left in the game, not 1:30. Hopefully I have that highlight saved somewhere but I'm not sure. I will look for it.