Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

What was more predictable?

After game 2, the question I ask is:

What was more predictable, the 10-7 game 1 shootout, or triple OT in game 2?

Hard to argue that anyone would ever predict EITHER.

Just about 12 hours after we were wrapping up in the pressbox last night after the come-from-behind triple overtime 4-3 Bulldogs win, I'm home from work after somehow getting up at 5am today for the morning show. I'm a trooper in my own eyes at least, thats for sure. My thanks to Aaron Schepers for making getting up this morning a little less painful. If the Caps would've emerged the winners last night, would've maybe been a little harder to get up and at it.

Good game for the Caps, good game for the Dogs. Atkinson great in the Caps goal. What energy in the Pound when the Dogs tied it with 1:31 left, and when they won it in triple OT. Aaron Schepers BOTH goals. Nice to see Tyler Ruel score in his return from suspension, and great to see Joe Scali score again. Three for Schepers, Kremyr, and Scali through 2 games now.

Thats all the thoughts I have, I really need a bed. Thanks for stopping by the blog, down to Duncan tomorrow, will post tomorrow. Hopefully will find the time to get some highlights on here too.

Hammer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahem... he is right... 'his' side of the rink does AlWAYS start the wave... course.. 'our' side is generally distracted by the darn hockey game WE are watching... lol

Anonymous said...

we need some new music. it's getting kinda predictable and a lotta them songs are not the best choices for a hockey game. :p

Anonymous said...

UNLEASH HELL IN DUNCAN

Hammer said...

one "o one. HIT HIT HIT indeed, huge credit to Estey for the hit, and for taking the body and finishing his hits all night.

I can't really comment on the situation regarding Bernie or the rink staff, because I have NO idea what the situations are. I suggest talking to the city and the bulldogs. One or the other could certainly steer you in the right directions for answers. It's obvious by the comments here that people wouldn't mind some answers.

LOL at the pink shirt.

About my comments about the fans- You are 100% right about the wave. Someone said to me a while back that the wave always starts there. About the standing "O". I believe I even said on the air that maybe it was due to my view that it looked the way it did. You should take some pictures or get someone to take some, and email them to me to post them here. Being in the booth, seeing a game from the other side of the rink I will probably never be able to do.

One of the things I said that I don't think can be disputed, is the fact that the pressbox side of the rink has more fans waiting when the team comes out to salute after the game. Not sure why, maybe it's as simple as since the bench is on the other side of the rink, they feel less of a connection to the Bulldogs in the rink, so to speak. Who knows. Maybe there are less people that have to get home, or get to work, or get to the beer gardens than the other side. I don't mean to create a war between the fans or rate some better than others. You are all Bulldogs fans, so you are all great in my books.

About the music. Again, something I can't comment on, because I can't hear it. I've got my phones on all the time and they act like ear muffs. Either I'm talking or Ace is talking through them most of the time anyway. Like the concession and bernie, if you have questions or feedback or want answers, go to the source. Try talking to Charles or the Bulldogs. 1800 people are all going to like different things, so it's no easy job. I DO hear the "Hands up in the air" song, and it appears lots of the fans go along with it, but who knows maybe more dislike it. The only time I heard a clear majority of comments from the fanbase regarding music was when "Who let the Dogs out" was NOT the goalsong. The comments from the fanbase were crazy on that one.

UNLEASH HELL in DUNCAN
RIP AND TEAR
THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS

Hammer.

Anonymous said...

hammer i have a comeback for you regarding the pink shirt

only a manly man can pull off wearing a pink shirt