Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Arena Pictures, Broadcast Highlights, Bulldogs in the community picutres, random thoughts.

Greetings, sorry it's taken so long for me to post. Getting caught up on life and work and everything else since getting back from the road trip. I'm starting off today's posting with the ever popular "arena pictures" Below is the "view from the pressbox" in the South Surrey Arena. Left/Centre/Right
Next, more pictures, and an interesting comparison. End shots, of first Merritt, then Surrey. Look at the difference in rink size the Bulldogs had from one game to the next. First Merritt, and it's smaller than regulation surface 85X187, then Surrey, and the International Ice 100X200.
One last interesting treasure from Merritt, a picture of the old organ in the bottom of our pressbox.Lastly for pictures, some great shots sent to me by Steve Almer. It was his son Brendan Almer's 5th birthday party last week, and through the assistance of the Bulldogs Booster Club, and the Bulldogs organization and players too I'd guess, the party had a couple of special guests. Bulldog goaltender Brian Stewart attended the festivities, as did former Bulldog Croft Kurka. I'm not sure if Croft and Brian realized it, but I'm sure it was a day that the kids in attendance will remember for a long time. Stewie and Kurks, you two are my heros of the day. It's imperative for the team and the players to be involved in the community, when possible. My thanks to Steve for sending the pictures, and yes, I'll work on the prounounciation of the last name Steve!

Pictures- Brian and Croft posing for a team photo playing hockey with the kids, Croft serves up the pop, and Brendan's Bulldogs Birthday Cake put together by the fine folks at Safeway if I'm not mistaken- good job.



Now, off to some podcasting of highlights. As you might've noticed, I'm now spelling highlights right. Thanks to my dear Sarah for setting me straight on that.

Click to listen- Comeback vs Vipers

AND

Click to listen- Double OT vs Vipers

I will hopefully get to posting the highlight vs Merritt, and the highlights vs Surrey in the next couple days. It's quite the process to get the 93.3 The Peak broadcast highlights onto this blog, trust me on that!

Ramblings.....

The winning streak is OVER. Sad that it's done, but what a ride it was. One third of the season long. Crazy when you think of it that way. The streak was good and bad, but as I said, what a ride. Now the boys must get back to not thinking about it (if they were) and to thinking about Friday in Nanaimo, what a huge contest that is.

CJAHL Top 15 Rankings. The Bulldogs go 1-1-0-1 over the week, and remain at #2 in the country. I wonder if people agree with me more now about the lack of structure with the rankings now that the Bulldogs didn't go down after the week they had. Not many people agreed with me and the lack of rankings structure when I brought it up and I thought the Bulldogs should've climbed a spot, after going 2 and 0 against 2 ranked teams. Who knows.

Thats all I have for now. Again, sorry it took so long, but as I said in my post on the previous reply until I get paid to do this BLOG, work comes first.

Feel free to reply with your comments, complaints, requests- audio and otherwise, suggestions and the like. Don't forget to submit your pictures too EMAIL ME

Thanks for stopping by the blog.
Hammer

No comments: