Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bulldogs Game Day #50 in Surrey vs Eagles.

Greetings from Langley. Just pulled in after the drive from Merritt. 2:54am as I check the scores from around the league and throw the broadcast together for tomorrow. Well, the streak is finally over. Like some, I wish it would've went on forever as it was a pretty fun ride. However, it's good that it's done as it reminds the players that they can lose, and what losing feels like.

Should be a good one today in Surrey as the Bulldogs look to bounce back and start another streak. Lets not forget that after the last Bulldogs loss, which snapped an 8 game winning streak, they came back out and won 20 in row. Not to say that will happen again, but who would've said it would happen in the first place?

I'm out to bed, but as promised here's pictures of the "IceBox" in Merritt, and the OT celebration in Vernon. Note the "obstructed view" out of the pressbox, haha.

Pregame show from South Surrey Arena is at 4:45 on 93.3 The Peak FM, puck drop is 5:oo.

Former Bulldog captain Ryan Storey is our second period feature interview.

Out of The Peak's listening area, catch the internet broadcast through the BCHL's Fanzone.

Send an email to the PRESSBOX.

I'm off to bed.
Thanks for stopping by the blog.
Hammer

5 comments:

dan "the stats man" said...

no wonder you have a hard time seeing things in merritt, with the heaters in the way and being in the one corner. great pics of the whole trip too hammer. best of luck tonight against the eagles boys!!

Anonymous said...

that rink in merritt is a dump and soooooooo cold

Anonymous said...

holy cow? Is that the same Merritt barn that I played pups, pee-wees, and Bantams in way back in the 80's. Looks like they replaced the woodstove with a heater. Must be warmer now.

Anonymous said...

give him a break people he got hom late sunday and probably was on air at 6 am sleep is before blog

Hammer said...

Hello all.

First off about Merritt, I've heard it can be cold, but Ace and myself weren't bothered Saturday at all. Maybe it was the heat of the game keeping us warm, haha. I don't mind the rink, you sure can't take the character away. There was even a heater in the pressbox for us, but we didn't have to use it.

About me not posting the last couple of days- Please accept my apologies. Kris has it right, partly. Sleep and WORK before blog. The Bulldogs caught the 10:45 boat and got home after 2am Sunday night (yes, I know technically Monday morning) after being on the road since 8am Thursday. We were all talking about the much deserved, and much needed, day off Monday. 7am Monday, phone rings. Long story short my day off wasn't and I got called in to do the morning show. Instead of using Monday to recharge the batteries and Tuesday to get caught up in work and post on the blog I never really did recharge the batteries and used Monday and Tuesday to get caught up in work and get ready for the coming weekend. Just didn't have the time or drive to BLOG. Unfortunatley until someone starts paying me to do this, it's going to have to take a back seat. Having said all this, trust me, I will work hard at keeping the blog up to date. I hope the work ethic I have, and will, put into this was better illustrated by me posting at 3 in the morning after getting into the Lower Mainland after the Merritt game.

I WILL post today, and it'll be on many topics- the road trip, the up coming game, the latest CJAHL rankings and more. I'll post pictures of the South Surrey Arena, and comments from a fan about what the team and the BCHL means to him. To close it off I'll post some pictures of the Bulldogs off the ice, making a young mans day. Stay tuned.

Thanks to Kris for standing up for me, and thanks to the posters who posted wondering where the heck I was, and where the updates were. I take no offense, it was flattering actually, since I knew that someone is actually checking this blog out !


Thanks,
Hammer