Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Hello? Hello!? Is this thing on?

Hi Hockey fans... people of Port Alberni, the Alberni Valley, Hockey Valley and beyond. 


Does anyone still read my blog? Or... I haven't updated in forever, so why would anyone read it lately? So I guess the question is - should I get back into this? Or is there not a need for it? The Bulldogs and Bombers have done a fantastic job over the last couple of years connecting to fans - maybe this is a wasted effort?


I used to put an insane amount of time into this. Perhaps an unsustainable amount even? Maybe I just got burned out of it all. I started blogging in 2005.... which is kind of crazy when I think about it now. 


Many fans, community members, parents etc have asked me why I stopped blogging, and many have encouraged me to start again. 


I've put this site on the back burner for the last couple of years as I have been focusing my energies elsewhere with other endeavors. I'm wondering/pondering if I should start being more active here again, should time and responsibilities allow, during the season/offseason. 

Recent developments with Social Media, Bill C-18, and other mitigating factors have me considering this. 


Or perhaps it's just the age of my children now?! 


Drop me a line if you're still reading - or getting notifications, etc etc! 

One thing I have noticed is the prevalence of ads from google everywhere... I must investigate their need - this is a free service, and perhaps they are a necessary evil! 


See you at the rink soon!


Hammer



No comments: