Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Drive One 4 UR Community, Drive One 4 Fort McMurray, this Saturday






If you are touched by what's happened in Fort Mac this week, or if you are a supporter of our local kids at John Howitt Elementary and their involvement in WE Day - a celebration of youth making a difference in their local and global communities - then you absolutely must try your best to make time to take a quick test drive on Saturday. 

The situation in Fort McMurray hits home for me on a couple of fronts. The images from the devastation reminded me of when I was around 9 or 10 years old living in Flin Flon and a very bad fire situation hit several communities around us. While we were very lucky in our city and on the lake I grew up on, I saw first hand what happens to people in these situations as we ended up taking in several evacuated families at our house and at my grandparents cabin next door. The other way that this hit me was when I checked Facebook on Tuesday night after being disconnected from the news for a couple of hours. I couldn't believe how many friends I had from Port Alberni to Manitoba that were marking themselves "safe". While it's great and nothing short of a miracle that they and everyone else are safe, so many have lost literally EVERYTHING. 

The Drive One 4UR Communities are great events that I've broadcasted live on The Peak several times over the last couple of years. Previous events supported Kidsport, Alberni Valley Minor Hockey, the revitalization of Weaver Park and the Port Alberni Junior Hockey Society. 

The prevailing sentiment from the events I was at was that these are NOT sales events. They will not try and sell you a car, they do not care about you being interested in buying a vehicle. They just want to raise as much money as possible. 

The event this Saturday - (9am to 5pm at John Howitt) is extra special as the money raised from your test drive will be QUADRUPLED due to the Federal Government matching donations AND Wil Pulford matching the donations. Read more below, and consider taking a quick cruise Saturday to support Fort Mac, and Port Alberni. 

Hammer


Van Isle Ford has partnered up with John Howatt Elementary School for the national We Day' 

Just like every other Drive One 4 UR community Ford Motor Company will donate $20 per qualified test Drive. As an added reason to come and help Ford Motor Company also just announced that it will donate an ADDITIONAL $20 per test drive to Canadian Red Cross to help the fire relief efforts and residents of Fort McMurray, which will be matched by the Federal Government.

As a final reason - not that you need more, Van Isle Ford Dealer Principal Will Pulford has committed to also donate $20 to the Red Cross for each test drive that will also be matched by the Federal Government for relief efforts in Fort McMurray.

Fort McMurray holds a special place in Wills heart "this was the very community that my automotive career got started and where I was fortunate enough to get opportunities to grow and learn and ultimately help me get to where I am today. I have a bunch of incredible friends who still live there and I can only imagine the horror they are going through"

All totalled each Test Drive taken on Saturday as part of the Drive One 4 UR community will be worth $100 all tallied, we are excited to generate as much money as possible.

No comments: