Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, December 23, 2011

My Gift to you...A Very Merry BCHL AND Bulldog Christmas!

A BIG Huge THANKS to everyone involved with the Bulldog organization, and everyone involved throughout the BCHL that helped make this all happen. I can do all the work - and trust me it is ALOT of phone calls, recordings, and time sitting in the studio at the Radio Station for hours on end - BUT if they don't give me their time it quite simply would not happen.


Every year when I do this I always feel very fortunate to work in conjunction with such a great team in the Dogs, and within such a great league as the BCHL. When the action comes off the ice and I'm not asking questions about wins and losses and injuries etc etc etc you realize how great all the people are that are associated with this great game.


I can't remember how many years I have thrown this together now, 4, 5 6? It's always a lot of fun to do and it's especially fun when it's a Coach or Play-by-Play guy that has "been there, done that" when it comes to giving me their wishlist and their greetings from previous years. They answer the phone and I say "It's that time of year again" and they know exactly what it's about. The same can be said when it's a Bulldog veteran compared to a rookie or new member of the organization. The guys that did it last year know whats up, while most of the new guys are a little taken aback and what to wish for and who to send greetings out to!


It's a sign of the times when I do this and you can hear it in the voices of EVERYONE whether it's a Bulldog Player of a BCHL Play-by-Play guy or Coach. What they most want is TIME to "check out" from the rink and the game for a bit and get home to spend some time with their family, friends, and loved ones.


So to the parents of the players,  here's hoping you are all having a great break with your "boys". To the families, wives, girlfriends and children of the Coaches and Play-by-Play guys here's hoping you are enjoying your time together!


And last but not least, it's my sincere hope that the Blog and Bulldog Broadcasts make the gap between home and Port Alberni just a little smaller and you feel somewhat closer to your boys when I know you are missing them so much! It is what motivates me to do the job every game and every time I post on the blog!



The concept is very simple - I ask everyone to give me some items on their Christmas wish list as in what they want under the tree for themselves, whether it's related to the game or not, and I then ask them to send greetings to anyone they would like to send them out to!


Everyone always asks me what I want and what is on my list, so here goes: That everyone has a safe and happy break with their loved ones. That the Bulldog players have good luck, and especially good health for the remainder of the season. And that the players come back from the break energized and that they BELIEVE that they can come back, and have an outstanding second half of the season and that they can climb up the standings and into the Playoffs. You hear stories at all levels of hockey, and sports period, where a team comes together and catches fire and rises from the valley and reaches the PEAK. And I would really like to be a part of it here. The last wish is to see the rink FULL again and rocking like it used to. Get this community inspired, and they will back you like you can't even believe. So BELIEVE that with half the season to go, there is time to change where you are at. That time however is fleeting! So come back FIRED UP guys! Away from the rink I wished for a great break with my loved ones - so far, so good! And some other material goods that don't really matter!


If you like this feature, or what you see in the blog or the Bulldogs Broadcasts and you would like to give me or my family a gift, then please feel free to click the PayPal DONATE button on the right hand side over there ----> at the top. NO, it's not why I do this, and NO, I don't expect anything! However, I have been fortunate enough to get some very generous support this year and years gone by from some fans and some families of Bulldog players. It is much appreciated and I can't say thanks enough!


Enough chit-chat, without further adieu here's all FOUR parts of  "A Very Merry BCHL Christmas" and a "Very Merry Bulldog Christmas" as they originally ran during our broadcasts before the break Friday in Coquitlam and Saturday in Surrey.


If you would like to keep a copy of the audio, then PLEASE click and Download! These files are pretty huge, and it's not cheap to host them on the Internet for everyone to enjoy and I'm running out of room!


Thanks again everyone for their help! From mine to yours, with apologies to Krusty the Klown for stealing a line from his "Non Denominational Holiday Special" - have a Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Happy Hanukkah, Tip Top Tet, Kwazy Kwanzaa, Solemn Dignified Ramadan, or whatever else you celebrate!


A final reminder - All Audio is Courtesy and Copyright 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group





  Very Merry BCHL Christmas Part One by Hammer's Bulldog Blog



  Very Merry BCHL Christmas Part Two by Hammer's Bulldog Blog


  Very Merry Alberni Valley Bulldogs Christmas Part One by Hammer's Bulldog Blog


  Very Merry Alberni Valley Bulldogs Christmas Part Two by Hammer's Bulldog Blog



Hammer

1 comment:

Jamie Amos said...

Hammer I am having trouble listening to the Merry Christmas Greetings on the blog it keeps cutting out.