Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Alberni Hockey Academy video, Vladimir Konstantinov art display, Dogs FLEX PACKS on sale....

Very cool story here by CTV Vancouver Island on the Alberni District Hockey Canada Skills Academy. Worth taking a look if you don't really know what the program is all about. I wish something like this was around for me in my school days...I wouldn't have skipped so much school to go play hockey! (stay in school kids)






Inspirational stuff here from former Red Wing Vlad (the impaler) Konstantinov. You no doubt remember that Konstantinov was left with brain damage following a limo crash just days after the Wings first Cup win in some four decades in 1997.

It was an interesting time for me and I still remember it vividly. I was young, and immature (yes, I know, I'm so much more mature now) I hated, and I mean HATED Vladimir Konstantiov. He was in your face, dirty, tough and was a hard hitter. Looking back on it I should have loved him as he certainly didn't play like your typical Russian was supposed to. And it was the typical Russian-softie that you grow up despising in Canada.

 Best hippy ever?



Man I miss Bob Cole (when he was still Bob Cole) and Harry Neale!

Best open-ice hit ever? Looks like on the replay that he just tipped the puck. Although nowadays with how the game is going its a dirty hit, a charge, a head shot, an unsuspecting player. Sigh.



It was an interesting time for me because it really humanized the game for me. I hated the guy, I wanted him hit/hurt/put out of commission, I would have done it myself if I could.

THEN the accident happened, and I realized this guy wasn't just a jersey and a number, but a human being and a man with a wife and a family. It broke my heart seeing him in the condition he was in after the accident, and seeing the outpouring of emotion when the wings brought him out in his wheelchair for the '98 celebration and all the shots of him in the booth up top during the finals.

A good initiative to support and a neat story as I certainly never would have thought any of this would be possible seeing him after the accident. And this all serves as just ONE more reminder to not drink and drive, as the limo driver did that fateful night.




Great deal here from the Bulldogs!


Bulldogs Launch 8-Game Flex Pak
PRESS RELEASE


November 15, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE


Port Alberni, BC – The Alberni Valley Bulldogs are pleased to announce the addition of a new ticket package that allows fans to enjoy multiple games and still take advantage of cost savings.


On November 15, 2011, the Bulldogs are lauching 8-Game Flex Paks which will be made available for a limited time. Fans will be able to enjoy one weekday game, three Friday games, three Saturday games, and one Sunday game.


“We are very excited to offer this to our fans,” said Bulldogs’ Director of Marketing Laurie Smillie. “There’s a lot of local excitement and buzz about this year’s team. This is the perfect way to support the team by either going to the games yourself or using this promotion as a Christmas gift or stocking stuffer.”


8-game Flex Paks are only $95 for adults, $80 for seniors, $65 for students, and $50 for children. Fans have the choice of which games they would like to select as a part of their Flex Pak.


The new Flex Paks can be purchased in person at the Alberni Valley Bulldogs office located at 3737 Roger Street or by phone at 250-723-4412 Tuesday to Friday between 10am and 4pm.


For more information contact Director of Marketing and Public Relations Laurie Smillie at 250-723-4412, 250-735-3647 or lsmillie@albernivalleybulldogs.ca.

Hammer

No comments: