Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chiefs top Dogs 5-1 to take a 3-0 series lead



The Chiefs came out looking more like the team with their back against the wall, not the Bulldogs, in taking a 2-0 lead after one period on a pair of rebound goals from Brandon Thompson and Mike Tebbutt.

Credit to the Dogs, as they came out in the second and raised their game, getting the Dog Pound rockin' on a Casey Bailey goal six minutes in. While they were down 2-1, it felt like the Dogs had the Chiefs right where they wanted them, carrying the play and generating good scoring chances.


However, when you play from behind and get in a hole early, one mistake can kill you. A bad turnover right in the slot in front of Frank Slubowski ended up in a 3-1 Langley lead on a Mason Blacklock goal that went against the flow of play to make it 3-1 just over 11 minutes into the second. The goal was a momentum killer, with the Dogs were unable to recover once again from a two goal hole. A late power play marker after two penalties to the Dogs in the final three minutes of the second was the final nail in the coffin as Josh Myers wristed one home from the hash marks for a 4-1 Langley lead after 40 minutes.

The Dogs battled hard in the third to get back into it, but they couldn't beat Wyatt Galley. Final shots favoured the Dogs for the third straight game, 38-32. The Chiefs went 2 for 8 on the power play while the Dogs went 0 for 4.


I'll start this off by saying that I am a Taurus. I am way way wayyyyy too stubborn. Down 3-0? Well that's just a great chance for an epic comeback then. I'm especially too stubborn to give up on this group of guys. 


You can be negative and look at the faults and failings. I for one will instead look at the strengths and potential for success.


I don't know the record for Minor sports. I do know that in North American Professional Sports that only four teams have comeback from 3-0 holes to win a series. 


The first was the 1942 Maple Leafs. They came back from an 0-3 hole to win the Stanley Cup. The next was the New York Islanders in 1975, who won 4 straight to beat the Flyers in the Quarter Finals. I still remember the 2004 Boston Red Socks coming from from 0-3 down to beat the Yankees in the ALCS. 


Anyone remember the 2010 Flyers, who came back from 0-3 down in the first round to beat the Bruins? They were an OT goal away from forcing Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals.




We know the answer to "what if" the Bulldogs don't fight back. 


I would love to find out the answer to what they could accomplish, if they DO. 


I believe.


If you wanted a chance to go down in history fellas, you got it. Or you can be just another number.


Hammer

-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when people leave the games when there's like 5 minutes left. It also upsets me when people give up and think negative about the guys. I keep postive and say that they'll win and THEY WILL TODAY! I KNOW THEY CAN DO IT. GO DOGS GO!

Jamie Amos said...

Hammer It was The Penguins that The Islanders beat.

Anonymous said...

The Dogs played like a team that has been told they can't score. They looked afraid to forecheck, afraid to pinch and hold the line. They changed on the rush so they didn't get caught defencively, even when down 3 goals.
I think if they played a little more aggressive offence they would score more goals.
Credit for effort, time for the rest of the team to play more like Mad Dog Dorias!

That's what I said...

I am sure you will see the Bulldogs leave it all on the ice tonight. They have to!

I believe they will be victorious in Game Four.