Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

This day in history, November 20th 1999.

Two big history bits today. This day in 1999, the people of Port Alberni voted in favour of the referendum to build the Alberni Valley Multiplex. I couldn't imagine what this community would be like without it. Most likely I would have never come here, and my life would be incredibly different. THANKS PORT ALBERNI for having the vision to vote to build this great barn, for nights just like this one!

Also this day in 1999, Bulldogs Public Address Announcer Charles Mealey was elected as Port Alberni's youngest City Councillor. His comment about how his life changed this day sure got me to thinking about mine and how it has changed too! Thanks Port Alberni!

No comments: