Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fun times on the road, "Around the Pound" live at Dolce Vita tonight,Video - Del Zotto takes out camera with shot

I would say it's good to be back, but I'd be half lying. Don't get me wrong it was great to be home last night, sitting on the couch chilling with my loved ones and relaxing. On the other hand, it wasn't good to have to be in here and on the air for six o'clock this morning, with an out of commission coffee maker to boot! Ouch!


The first big road trip of the season. It's always an interesting experience as you get to know the guys better, the staff better, and you get to watch the guys get to know each other better. You learn a few things I think about the identity and character of the team as well. A whole bunch of meals, a bunch of bus rides, some movies, and lots of idle chit chat to fill the time.


I'm not sure what the trip would have been like heading home if the Dogs hadn't pulled off the great win in Penticton on Saturday, but thankfully, we'll never know! It was a happy ride home, and a happy bunch of guys.


It was a pleasure to be with the team through the process. I know the guys better and I know Kevin Hasselberg and Chad Oliver better - two guys who are true pros dedicated to their craft who are fantastic editions to the hockey team - and great people at the same time. Chad was my roomie for the roadie - since we don't hate each other after 6 days on the road staying together, I'd call it a great success. I almost missed him last night haha!

Seeing Chad work up close over the trip I could tell he's a great trainer who knows his stuff and the team and the guys are lucky to have him.

It was also nice to meet some of the Bulldog parents and families, they are a huge motivator to me for how I do my job, and to see some of the parents and families of returning Bulldogs again.  And lastly, it was great to see some of the Bulldog family and fanbase from Port Alberni on the road! These guys are just supported so well, I hope they realize it.

Special thanks again to Mike and Laurie Hepso for their hospitality as they hosted a team dinner Thursday night, and thanks to all those that helped prepare it. NO THANKS at all to Casey Bailey, my ping-pong doubles partner. Just kiddin' Bails, we did our best!

I better stop now, so many thank-yous I'm starting to sound like I'm accepting an Oscar. I'd like to thank the Academy.....GONG.....


 Don't forget "Around the Pound" the Bulldog Talk Show on 93.3 The Peak FM, live tonight from Dolce Vita - read more from the Bulldogs website HERE

From the Bulldogs website, click to read my Weekly Recap

From the Alberni Valley Times - click to read "Dogs end road trip with victory"

 How about this one from the NHL? Cool stuff!

No comments: