Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Dogs add Green, VOTE PORT ALBERNI, Holidays winding down....

Its too bad that we won't see Jordan Grant in a Bulldog sweater, but at the same time I am just as excited for Ryan Green to wear one!

Bulldogs Add Green from Cowichan Valley

PRESS RELEASE
August 23rd, 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Alberni Valley Bulldogs have acquired the playing rights
of 90 F Ryan Green and future considerations from the
Cowichan Valley Capitals in exchange for the playing rights
of 90 F Jordan Grant.

Green, a Ontario native played last season for the Cowichan
Valley Capitals posting 12 goals, 17 assists and 92 penalty
minutes in 47 games. The 6'3", 210 pound Green will be
entering his third season in the BCHL.

"Ryan is big, physical forward with a big shot and good
touch around the net. We expect him to be a leader, a
physical presence and add offense to the lineup," comments
GM/Head Coach Paul Esdale.

For more information please contact GM/Head Coach Paul Esdale at 250.723.4412.

The release just about says it all when it comes to what I think about Ryan as a player. He has had some great games against the Dogs in the past, so its hard not to like him. I remember him as a hard working character guy who uses his size to his advantage. I predict he will be a fan favorite and he will get the Pound rocking a time or two over the season!


Drop the puck already!


I have received about 1000 emails about Port Alberni in the running for $25,000 and the title of the ULTIMATE FISHING TOWN. Here's the details from Lyle Pitts...vote vote vote!

Hello all. We are in second place forth bid for "The Ultimate Fishing Town". Go through your contacts and see who might help out.  www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote                             Thanks and GOOD LUCK to ......US


I'm back from Holidays soon, but I'm hanging on to the last days I have as hard as I can. Got out and got my limit of Pickerel and went to the Drive In, now Golfing in the rain.

I'm just about ready for the whirlwind of the Media Hockey Game on the 26th, Bulldogs Camp, Salmon Fest, Bulldogs Exhibition Games and then Game 1 in Powell River, followed by Fall Fair, the Dogs Home Opener, Toy Run, and so on and so forth.


Hammer



Evan Hammond - Morning Show Host 93.3 The Peak FM, Play-by-Play Voice: Alberni Valley Bulldogs Check out my blog www.hammersdogs.blogspot.com Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.

No comments: