Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fishing, Golfing,. love Port Alberni in the Summertime!


I have to put a HUGE thanks out there to Wade Nicklin (he and wife Tammi billet Bulldog Forward Trent Dorais) of Fish On Charters, for getting me out Sockeye hunting down the Inlet last week. A couple hours in the boat later, we had our limit and we were back in town in time for Breakfast.

Now THAT is fishing!

If you'd like a fishing adventure yourself, give Wade a call at 250-735-0995

Changing gears big time....


If you are one of the unlucky people who don't live out in Cherry Creek or Beaver Creek, and you are sick and tired of having to wait TWO WEEKS to get your garbage picked up, call Wade again, this time on behalf of his company Nicklin Waste Disposal.

I don't know about you, but I'm not into freezing my garbage with my food. I don't have the money to buy a freezer for my garbage. I don't want all sorts of animals small and large getting into my garbage and my yard. And that's why I'm lucky we have Nicklin's to take care of us - we were a Nicklin's Client BEFORE the garbage went to bi-weekly pick up, it's just that I appreciate them so much more now as I hear all my friends in town complaining (rightfully so) about stinky garbage and once every two week pickups.

SO If you are sick of it too - Nicklin picks up anywhere - give them a call to get added to their list - 250-724-0992

You might have heard Nicklin's HILARIOUS commercial on 93.3 The Peak - it's a hungry bear, angry that Nicklin's beat him to the garbage again - good stuff!

Wade, Tammi, and Nicklin's are big supporters of the Bulldogs and Minor Hockey, and Nicklin's advertises on 93.3 The Peak. And last but not least they are some great people.....Ok last but certainly not least - Wade took me fishing! Of course that's getting on the blog!

 Alright, time to switch over to GOLF! I sadly haven't golfed in over a week. I miss the game very much and I miss the serenity of the Alberni Golf Club even more....I gotta get out there today I think!


The first update comes from the equipment front - It's the Mac Five Golf MID SUMMER SALE right now in the Pro Shop at the Alberni Golf Club. ALL ITEMS are on sale, and there is lots of good golfing weather left so get in to see Bruce and make a deal!


On the condition of the course - Bruce tells me the fairways are firm, and the greens are soft, a perfect combination for shooting career rounds.


And of course the restaurant continues to serve great food. Great food, great service, great view, you don't know what you are missing for lunch or dinner!

And a final golf update, this one in the form of some results - Congrats go out to the Alberni Golf Club Pro-Junior team, who finished 5th at the B.C Pro Junior Competition.

Spencer Rhodes, Jessie McLaughlin, Stuart Murray and Pro Brian Rands combined to shoot 25 under par.


Here's an update from some local wrestlers who competed at the BC Summer Games...

For immediate release ….
Here are the results for the Vancouver Island Wrestling team at the BC Summer Games in Langley this past weekend. The team finished 2nd overall in the zone team competition. Zone three from the Fraser Valley were the gold medal winners and the Vancouver zone were bronze medalists. The team was coached by Josh Brakefield of Victoria and Alberni Wrestling alumni Dallas Nye who now lives and goes to school in Victoria.
Port Alberni was represented on the Island team by five wrestlers …..
·         Jordan Bodnar – gold 47 kg girls
·         Dakota Sutton – silver 57 kg boys
·         Jonathan Spencer – bronze 60 kg boys
·         Austin Jaworski – 5th 66 kg boys
·         Wes Boris – 5th 70 kg boys
·         In addition former Alberni wrestler Alec Delcourt who still trains here as often as he can but lives in Courtenay was a gold medalist at 60 kg. 




The AVMHA is having their Equipment Sale coming up at the Glenwood Centre.




DROP OFF goes on August 11th from 6pm to 8pm witht he SALE (and registration) going the next night from 6pm to 8pm.



That's it for now!


Hammer

1 comment:

KRIS said...

Bi-weekly garbage pick up what do you live in a third world country?