Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Video - Ben Fanelli hit

What a scary one this is. Saw this today on CBC during the Senators vs. Thrashers game.



The video isn't great at all....But what I see is a player TURNING. And getting really hurt. Doesn't appear the player left his feet to make the hit. Maybe charging, maybe an elbow a little high....But what's the end result if Fanelli doesn't turn? He sure doesn't hit the boards head first.

Just my 2 cents. Thoughts and prayers are with the player and his family, I'm not being insenitive to his situation. Just looking at it from both sides of it.

I mentioned players TURNING and showing their backs to an on coming checker on a Bulldog Broadcast a couple games back. I even went so far as to get the video, slow it down, and watch it over and over to make sure I wasn't wrong with saying the player turned into the check.

Kids - DONT TURN.

No comments: