Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Year End Award Winners


I had the pleasure this evening of hosting the Bulldogs Year End Awards Banquet..As I do every year, I forgot to take my list of the winners home with me so I'll try to remember them all...

Coaches Award - Eric Fraser

Top Scorer and Most Valuable Player - Evan Witt

Best Defenceman and Entrepreneur of the Year - Kevin Ross

Rookie of the Year - Brett Mohler

Unsung Hero - Colin Rundell

Fan Choice and Humanitarian of the Year - Adam Hout

Most Improved Player - Brian Kang

Most Sportsmanlike Player - Zack Mazo

Scholastic Players of the Year - Kevin Ross (College) Robert Lindores (High School)

That's all that I can remember..Any I have forgotten?

Jamie Amos was announced as the "Community Hero" for the Alberni Valley for all he does for the Bulldogs and the community..Pretty cool to read some of the words written about Jamie by former members of the organization - Jim Hiller, Matt Auerbach, Tyler Ruel, etc.

Keynote speaker Dixon Ward had many wise words about being a hockey player and how it is what you do - not who you are - and the lessons the guys need to take out of their playing experience and how to apply it to real life.

I'm not sure anyone was missed - Volunteers, the Booster Club, the Bus Driver, the Billet Co-Ordinator and the Educational Advisor, the Training, Coaching, Office staff - they were all thanked for their efforts over the season.

That's it for now...Bed time!

Thanks to the Dogs for allowing me to host the evening.

Hammer

No comments: