Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Win one for Amos night!

It was a tough and sad day today, as I attended the funeral of Judy Amos, mother of Bulldogs Assistant Equipment Manager Jamie Amos.

Just plain tough for me to see Jamie and his loved ones hurting. I know what I'm going through is no where near what faces them now, so please throw a prayer their way if that is your thing.

A very nice and classy move by the entire Alberni Valley Bulldogs organization to attend the service today to support Jamie.

From the ownership to the office and support staff to the coaching staff and volunteer crew - and of course the entire roster, everyone was there.

And a good number of the extended Bulldog family was there too. Jamie is so incredibly loved. It's an amazing thing to see and be a part of, but everyone that knows Jamie knows it is deserved.

I would have been understanding, but upset, should the team have decided not to come today, due to it being game day and all. Sometimes, there are things much bigger than the game. Way to go Bulldogs.

Just to clarify -I haven't heard if the team isn't calling it "Win one for Amos night" or not, I am just hoping, and think that this is what the rallying cry will be.

The Dogs host Langley. Pregame on THE PEAK at 6:45pm.

Hammer

-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very emotional day, Hammer. We all hurt for Jamie. Class act,Bulldogs.