Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"MAC" named BCHL player of the week, what's up with Moulson's Christmas greeting?

Huge congrats to Mitch MacMillan for earning BCHL player of the week honours going into the holiday break. Read more by visiting the BCHL site here

Mitch had a FIRST PERIOD hat trick Sunday afternoon. When has a Bulldog player ever pulled that off before?

The only time I can remember, would be one of the most crazy 20 minutes of hockey I've ever seen. Game 2, round 2 of the 2005-2006 playoffs against the Victoria Salsa. The Dogs would score SEVEN times in the first period, on their way to winning 13-2. Tyler Ruel had played over 150 games or so by that point, and he had never scored three in a game before. Then he went and scored SIX after getting THREE in the first period.

So - Mitch MacMillan didn't break a record but he might have tied one. I'll do further research on it.

I looked through all my old audio stuff to see if I had any moments left from that crazy night....And I found "Dog Pound = BONKERS". What a blast from the past that one is.

No one would have EVER thought that the Bulldogs wouldn't win another game until the next season, as the Salsa won the next four to win the series.




Shifting gears...

OK, I've had about 9 emails already...."What's up with Moulson's Christmas Greetings"

Yes, if you didn't listen, Chris says he'd like to wish Merry Christmas to all his family, but not his brother. Of course I'm not airing something if I don't know what's going on with it, and I had to ask Mouly what that was all about. Turns out his brother Matt has listened to his past interviews and voice clips and said that he's not "funny" enough.

So Matt, are you reading the blog, and are you and Chris still speaking? HA HA HA.

If you missed the Holiday Specials, here they are again, click the links to listen:

A VERY MERRY BULLDOG CHRISTMAS

A VERY MERRY BCHL CHRISTMAS


That's it for now.

Hammer

No comments: