Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Bulldogs This Week Tonight, Ty Watson House Quad Draw Winner!


The second edition of Bulldogs This Week on 93.3 The Peak FM airs tonight from 6 to 7pm pacific standard time.

I'll be joined by Bryant Perrier, a Bulldog player, Cowichan Valley Capitals Head Coach and GM Scott Robinson, and then I will air a replay of the Doug Krantz interview from yesterday afternoon's broadcast for those that missed it.

Doug has an incredible story where he went from someone considering quitting the game going into his overage year, to someone getting league awards and team awards as a 20 year old. And of course a ride to play for the Big Red at Cornell. Since finishing his amateur career just last spring, Doug has signed a deal with a Central Hockey League club, and an ECHL club.

Oh yah, he's also been invited to Boston Bruins Rookie Camp! Just such a crazy story, and a good one to hear for any parents and players who are 19 or 20 and need a little motivation to believe they can keep living the dream of playing the game.

Listen to the show on your radio in the Alberni Valley, or on your computer anywhere by using the LISTEN LIVE link on our homepage here www.933thepeak.com

We always welcome your questions for me or my guests. Feel free to send one in by clicking this link!

Now onto a great story - The Ty Watson Quad Draw put on by the Alberni Valley Hospice Society

Please read the below email but believe NOTHING that is said about me! Helma my dear you need to take some credit yourself for trying so hard for such a good cause! All we did at the station was do our jobs! You made it easy to let us inform the public about this great cause, so I am thanking you.

Congrats to Lynn and Shaw on being the big winners!!

Hi Evan; it's all over and it ended with a big hit of 101 tickets at the Toy Run, after 88 at the Bulldogs game and 84 at Wal Mart.

We sold a total of 1921 out of 2000 tickets in this raffle and collected $38,420 which means an approx. $27,500 for Ty Watson House after cost deduction. WOW! It blows me away!!


The ATV was won by Lynn Neufeld from Port Alberni and I happen to know that she and her family really really wanted that ATV, so that feels good!
The $500 gift certificate went to Shaw Austin again from Port Alberni.

Today I can finally go to an event (Bulldogs game) without having to shout "Do you want to buy a TICKET!!" I am done, I am toast... but I am very satisfied and happy... and we would not have sold that much if it wasn't for your radio support. Way to go Evan Hammond you know how to Hammer the information!!! Many thanks also to Jolie, you two are awesome!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another bush show. I was looking forward to listening on line but the player kept cutting out.

Any suggestions for a cure?

Anonymous said...

WTF???? bush? I meant busy!

See what happens when I don't look at the keyboard? LOL!!!!!

Hammer said...

I read the one comment first and though "surely something more constructive could be said rather than BUSH" haha.

I haven't heard of any problems with the live stream....Please send me an email if there are problems so I have something to send to our engineers.

If everyone that has a problem lets me/us know then it might be easier finding out the problem!

Hammer

Anonymous said...

I did send an e-mail to tht tech peeple at Stream On. Hope that helps. Sorry about that slip up Hammer!