Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another update on the Martin Mars Water Bombers, beware the UV index, Jim Hughson calling the Blue Jays on CBC.

Happy sort-of long weekend, and thanks for checking the blog.

First off, my thanks to Judy for reading the blog and emailing me this incredible picture of one of the Martin Mars Water Bombers. What a great picture!
I was down at the Harbour Quay this morning picking up some produce and meat at the Farmers Market when I heard that beautiful sound again, that unmistakable drone.

Shortly thereafter the Hawaii Mars flew overhead at 11:04 am P.S.T and down the Alberni Inlet, no doubt bound for Northern California.

God speed gentlemen, and hang in there California, the Mars is coming!

Here's an update with some further news regarding what was going on with Flying Tankers Inc. yesterday, written by Sandra McCulloch from the Times Colonist Newspaper.

Thanks to Barb for the link to the story!
____________________________________

She's going to be a hot one today! And a nasty one on the UV scale.

Check out today's forecast from Environment Canada so you know what you are getting into if you are heading outside in the afternoon today and tomorrow...and Monday and Tuesday...Is summer finally here?

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones, don't let them get burned!

____________________________________

I was flipping the channels this morning and I also heard another unmistakable tone. This one wasn't due to four huge engines though! No, it was the sweet tones of Jim Hughson, back on the air with CBC's coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays.

Is it just me, or did the CBC never get the credit they deserved for everything they have done in securing Jim Hughson's services for not only Hockey Night in Canada, but also Blue Jays Broadcasts and anything else they do?

Hughson is such a pro, and so smooth. I'm not usually into BaseBall until September when the races are really hot, but when I landed on the game with Jim calling it I just couldn't change the channel. I could listen to him calling play-by-play of the gardening channel!

While all of his professional talents are evident for anyone watching CBC, what people don't know is that Hughson is a true good guy. A class act, a true gentlemen, if you will. How do I know this? Lets just say that I am extremely lucky to be able to know this first hand.

Off to a pool party today at my good friend Angel's house, then a little BBQ tonight.

Beware the sun!!

Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet pic its my desktop now


36 foretasted for the wack tomorrow yikes