Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, April 04, 2008

Canucks done, more FASHION SHOW stuff, local sports.

Well, after a 2-1 loss to the Oilers last night, the Nucks are done. One more game tomorrow, and then their season will end. Too bad, as I wanted to cheer them on in the playoffs. With a goalie like Luongo, anything can happen. I've had a couple of pretty funny Canuck end-of-season pictures emailed into me today, but I'm not going to post them lest I appear to be a basher of the team and a band wagoner. I certainly understand how competitive the entire league is, and how tough the division is. There are too many reasons the Canucks season will end tomorrow to get into them in detail here. I'm no expert, I'll leave it to them.

I had the pleasure of watching the Pay-Per-View broadcast last night. Thanks to Norm and Barb for the invitation and the hospitality! Although I wasn't thanking you guys at all at 5am today, HAHA. We have no pay-per-view capabilities at the "Hammer Residence" so I don't get to watch those games often. Last night was the first time I've been able to watch a PPV game and actually HEAR it, as I wasn't in a bar or pub. I must say that I thought it was well put together, and besides the end result of the game, well worth the money. I immensely enjoyed how the broadcast took you into the dressing room for the postgame media scrum. I gained further respect for Roberto Luongo when one reporter asked him something that was disparaging to his teammates in front of him. Luongo snapped his head at the guy and said "Are you kidding me?! That's a BAD question" Good on ya Bobby Lou.
______________________________________________________________
It's great to get an immediate response to stuff I post on the blog. Nice to see that people are still reading this "Bulldog Blog" well into April. Thanks for the support you guys and gals. I've had a couple of people send me emails about the Dogs fashion show since yesterday, including even some pictures from Joe Scali's old billet mom Nancy Doucette. Read on-

Hammer,

I was doing my morning ritual and scrolling through your blog and saw the fashion show blog. Here's fashion show Joe looking mighty sporty and oh so young eh?...............Nancy

Lookin' sharp Joe, I hope the boys at Cornell don't get a hold of those!



Ceremonial puck drop at the

FINAL CHILL SPIRIT OF 2010 HOCKEY TOURNAMENT

The puck drops on the Final Chill Spirit of 2010 Hockey Tournament this weekend. More than 370 youngsters between the ages of 11 and 17 will lace up their skates between April 4th and 6th, 2008, playing for fun and celebrating amateur sport, physical fitness and the spirit of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

Every registered player receives a Spirit of 2010 hockey puck and a souvenir poster featuring Premier Gordon Campbell and three of the Vancouver Canucks’ own British Columbia-raised players: Brendan Morrison, Willie Mitchell and Byron Ritchie. The tournament receives a Spirit of 2010 trophy, arena banner and one limited-edition Spirit of 2010 jersey.

The Spirit of 2010 Hockey Tournament is the largest of its kind in Canada with more than 43,000 young athletes taking part in 225 tournaments around BC.

The Spirit of 2010 Hockey Tournament is hosted by the Province of British Columbia, the Vancouver Canucks, BC Hockey and 2010 Legacies Now. With its partners, the Spirit of 2010 Hockey Tournament supports BC communities, amateur sport, youth and healthy lifestyle choices.

______________________________________________________________

-The ceremonial puck drop is tonight at 6:45pm. I encourage you to get out and support the kids and watch some great hockey!

Last but not least- the BCHL finals kick off tonight as Nanaimo visits Penticton. It just dawned on me that Dan Marshall, the play-by-play voice of the Clippers and my cohort down the road at our sister station 106.9 THE WOLF in Nanaimo is heading back to his old city and his old rink to call games against his old team just one year later in the league final. Have fun Danno I bet that will be a good time.

Predictions? I don't have one. I obviously didn't see Penticton at their best against the Dogs this season, OR I saw the Dogs at their BEST against the Vees. Maybe a mix of both? I like the situation Nanaimo is going into, as they might be a little more game ready coming off a 6 game series heading into the opposition's rink who have been sitting and waiting after a four game sweep in the Interior Finals. While the Vees might feel a little more pressure, you can't discount the home-ice advantage factor. No predictions, besides a tough close series.

That's all I can think about for today. Have a good weekend and thanks for reading!

Hammer

1 comment:

Superstar Fan said...

OMG - those are a couple great pictures - Joe looks so very young.
Great idea to have the fashion show again, we have some players that are quite stylin' and would "own" the cat walk. haha