Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, March 28, 2008

Don Cherry on Patrick and Jonathan Roy, Nucks @ WILD on 93.3 THE PEAK

Don Cherry has as many fans as enemies. Count me as a FAN. I respect you if you don't like Don. Lord knows he gives people enough reasons not to like him. Just don't disrespect me because I think he's one of the true real BEAUTIES left in the game on TV. I could go on quite the rant about the personalities that offer their opinions and insight on TV these days when it comes to hockey.....but momma said if you can't say anything nice.....


Cherry: Roy fight a black eye for hockey

TORONTO - A sad spectacle.

That's the view of Don Cherry, a proponent of fighting, regarding the junior hockey brawl in which Quebec Remparts owner-coach Patrick Roy cheered on his son Jonathan as he pummelled Chicoutimi's Bobby Nadeau then flipped the crowd his middle finger.

`It just boggles the mind,' the Hockey Night in Canada commentator said. `When I fought, I was always under control. I was never, ever mad. When you see a kid (Jonathan) go like that, there's no doubt it's bad for the game.

`The only other thing I'll say is, it's meat for the people who are anti-fighting. They just eat it up. Down in the States, they led off with it (on the sportscasts). That's all they do.'

Would Cherry hire Patrick to coach an NHL team?

'I'd hire him because he's a winner and that (his intensity) is what made him a winner as a goaltender. But he's got to learn. All he's done is hurt his club.'

(The Canadian Press)(The Globe and Mail)

It's another must win for the Canucks tonight as they visit the Wild in Minny. Of course THE PEAK is part of the Canucks Radio Network, so we'll pick up the pre game show at 4:30 and then have all the action with Tom and Shortie shortly after 5:00pm. Luongo or Sanford, the Canucks better bump the slump and FAST or they'll be booking tee times early. I'm by no means off the wagon, but I'm realistic. Win or else. And right now it's or ELSE.

Hammer

No comments: