Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Dogs @ Caps, "The Bulldogs Show on Shaw", The Dogs GOOD DEED, Happy Birthday Pat LaFontaine

Alright. A million and one things to get to today, so I'll toss the mitts and get at it.
The Dogs are in Cowichan tonight at the biggest hockey stick in the world to visit the Caps.
Click the image below to enlarge the CHEAT SHEET.Tonights FIRST intermission I will run PART 1 of a 2 part interview with BCHL and WHL referee CARL POOLE.

I have done this once a year for the last couple of years and I found the feedback from the listeners to be very positive. It is certainly a rare interview, and a VERY different perspective. I hope you enjoy it. Part 2 goes in the first intermission tomorrow in Burnaby.

My second intermission guest is another memeber of the Bulldogs alumni, Tyler Scofield a Bulldog in 03-04 is now attending Bemidji State University and playing for the Beavers.

I'll have two more alumni interviews to round out the season. Tomorrow night in Burnaby we'll catch up with 2006-2007 Bulldog Brad Gorham, now attending Ohio State University. Sunday afternoon my guest will be 2003-2004 Bulldog Michael Lee Teslak, who attends Michigan Tech.



THE BULLDOGS SHOW ON SHAW

The latest edition of "The Bulldogs Show on Shaw" (Channel 4, Port Alberni) started airing last night as part of "The Daily" This edition of the show focusses on the positive points and successes of a season where the team hasn't made the playoffs. We talk to Alan Kerr, Daniel Moriarty, Marcello Ranallo, and Bulldogs educational advisor Tom McEvay. I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think!


The show wouldn't be possible without the talents of Jenny Fortin doing the shooting and editing and advising me along the way. Thanks JENNY I don't think you know how much I appreciate your efforts! Darren Evans and Nancy Wilmot always get a thanks here too for their efforts in making the show happen! Thanks all! We still have one more "Bulldogs Show on Shaw" episode to come. More on that next week or later.

I have received a nice note with words of another "good deed" by the Bulldogs that I'm going to tell you about. Even though the guys get mad at me, I still need to tell these stories. Yes, you read right, the guys get a little frustrated. When word broke of the story when Daniel Moriarty and Adam Baldassarre went and played road hockey with the kids, Moriarty was frustrated by the PRESS that it got- radio, paper, this blog, and on and on. Sorry guys, it's a small town. Word gets out! Best keep it GOOD WORDS by continuing to do stuff like this, as opposed to bad words by doing other things. Without further delay- here again is an example of just how great these guys REALLY are. This aforementioned note makes me relate to the players and how they feel about getting "press" because this one mentions me. I'm not saying this because it's the proper thing to say, and I know the guys don't say it because it's the right thing either- I don't want the press either. I just want to help out and make a difference. It's hokey and cheesey to some of you reading this no doubt. But it's the truth!

Here's the email I got yesterday:

Hammer,

Cheryl told me to let you know the what the dogs did for me. When we all got together at Boston Pizza to celebrate the success of the coin drive I had the privilege of chatting with Daniel Moriarity. I told him about a young boy in Angel's class who is a really big fan and how this nice boy hung around the gym one day when a couple of players came and joined in the noon hour floor hockey game just to get their autographs. I said it would be great if Daniel could get the guys to sign autographs for this boy and how much it would mean to him. Cory came up to me at lunchtime today to tell me how the bulldogs showed up in his class with two signed flags, one for him and one for Brendan. I've never seen such a huge smile on his face. They are an amazing group of guys and I'm really sorry it's time for some of them to move on but I wish them all the best in the future, they are great ambassadors for hockey and our town. I'm also very impressed with you and all you do for your listeners, the dogs and kids like Angel. Way to go Hammer! MaryLea

Thanks so much for the note MaryLea. And once again, WAY TO GO GUYS you are true champs.
_______________________________________________________________--
OK OK to finish it off today- HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT LAFONTAINE!
Now you may be thinking- "Why do we care about Pat LaFontaine?"
You probably don't, but I'll take ANY excuse I can find to post some of Rick Jeanerette's work on the blog. Yes, Rick Jeanerette as in the play-by-play voice of the Buffalo Sabres. He also has to be one of the biggest beauties of ALL TIME.

ENJOY.


And you people thought that I went crazy!

Thanks for reading as always.
Hammer


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't able to listen to the game tonight Hammer. Can you please post the interviews with Mr. Pool? Thanks for another fine season of work!