Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Caps down Dogs, (then the Clippers), Angel's Variety Show, SUPERBOWL kickoff 3pm

As I write this I am standing back stage at the Angel Magnussen Variety Show, taking a break from my MC'ing duties as the "Little Travellers" perform. Ther's plenty of bands here, the Bulldogs are here, and there's a nice crowd. Most importantly, there will be a nice chunk of change raised towards VARIETY (the childrens charity)

Thanks to all that have given their time and money towards the variety! Now we just need the show to be over for the kickoff for the Superbowl- after 3pm today.

The Patriots will win 28-18.
My dad via phone from Flin Flon has the Giants 37-34 with an exclamation of "you heard it here first"
My better half just says "Tommm Bbrrady" will win, HAHA!

The Bulldogs were soundly beaten and outworked by the Cowichan Valley Capitals Friday night. If the Caps worked even as half as hard last night, the Clippers lnow what I'm talking about. Im sure they actually worked HARDER as they were at home and they really don't like Nanaimo down in Duncan.

I talked to some of the Dogs here today and they said it was an outstanding game with a great atmosphere. Yes, you read that right, the Buldogs on their night off went down to Duncan to watch the game last night, to give the guys a different perspective.

I sure hope these guys get some results, becaused they are working so darn hard!

A little birdie told me that more than a couple fans dropped by the autograph session at Safeway yesterday and shared their thoughts with the players about their efforts on Friday night. I never encourage being tough on the players, but I do encourage honesty from the fans an an honest effort from the players. I've said it all along- it's all the fans in Port Alberni want....

Great news midway through the variety show here- Safe and Sound Media and Computers from here in Port Alberni came to the variety show and donated a COMPUTER for Angel to raffle off to raise some more money for Variety!

So get to the Dogs home games coming up on Saturday and Sunday and see the variety table to drop off any spare change you may have and pick up some tickets!

Gotta go finish hosting the show!
Go Pats!
Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say Pats win 36-17.

Dan