Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, January 25, 2008

I love Brian Burke.

Settle down, not THAT kind of love. The "this guy is the biggest beauty in the league" kind of love.
Read below.

My favorite part- "I'm not sure which part of it I'm not saying in English"

HAHA.

NHL-Ducks-Ring
INDEX:Sports
Brian Burke says he's happy in Anaheim and not interested in joining Leafs


TORONTO - Scratch Brian Burke's name from the list of candidates for the general manager's job with the Toronto Maple Leafs - for now, anyway.

At the Hockey Hall of Fame on Friday with Anaheim Ducks owners Henry and Susan Samueli, who donated a 2007 Stanley Cup ring to the hockey shrine, Burke stated emphatically that he and his wife are happy in California and has no interest in applying for the Leafs' job that Cliff Fletcher was hired to fill on an interim basis upon the firing of John Ferguson on Tuesday.

`I have no intention of going anywhere else,' said Burke. `I've said this repeatedly to anyone who will listen.

`I'm not sure which part of it I'm not saying in English. We really love it in Anaheim. We work for special people there. We want to stay.'

Burke is on a four-year contract through 2008-2009 and he said he expects an extension can be negotiated this summer. Samueli, so happy with Burke's work, said Burke can have the job for life if he so desires.

`I'm flattered by all this,' he said of conjecture he might want to move back to Canada and join the Leafs. `It's a great job.
(The Canadian Press)



No comments: