Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back!

6 days, 4 games, and 1872 kilometers later we arrived home at the Multiplex yesterday afternoon after a gruelling Interior swing where the Dogs went 1 and 4. Please forgive me for the lack of a blog posting yesterday. Wasn't up to it at all.

I'm right back to the morning show this morning, and right back to "Bulldogs this week" tonight live on location at Alberni Chrysler at the "top of the town" from 6 to 7pm. Here's the guest list for tonight, click the image to enlarge.We'll talk with everyone about the All-Star festivities in Victoria tonight and tomorrow when the actual game is played. Of course with the Dogs in Victoria Friday and home to Burnaby Saturday we'll take about the things going on with the Grizzlies and Express as well.

The fact that the Bulldogs are now mathematically out of the playoffs is something that I will also bring up. It's safe to say that the writing has been more than just "on the wall" for the team's playoff chances for a while now. With 20 games left and down 20 points I was thinking that a 20 game winning streak to end the season might not have even been enough to see the team in post season play.
Of course I wish the team was in the playoffs and in the race, that should go without saying, but I'm almost glad now that they are mathematically out of it now so the focus can simply shift to what they were really doing all along anyway- getting better and competing hard every night to put the team in a better situation to win next year.

I don't think that being in a "highly unlikely situation to make the playoffs" was a very good one. In a decade of doing this work, I have never broadcasted a team that didn't make the playoffs before. For that I know I am extremely lucky.

This has been a big learning experience for me as it has been for the team. As I haven't worked with a team in the "spoiler" role before, now my attitude is that I hope to learn all I can from a new experience.

Don't forget those questions in to me for the show tonight HERE I'll do my best to get them on the air.

Hammer

No comments: