Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

At least the Dogs won!

Here I am, wrapping up a downright awful day typing away doing this blog post with a bag of frozen mixed veggies on my foot....Actually, it's a great day now that the Dogs and Frank (the big) Slubowski earned a 4-2 win over the visiting Prince George Spruce Kings. Speaking of goalies, former Dog Kevin Genoe make a couple of great saves early to keep the game scoreless and played a solid game throughout, but his teammates couldn't find the big goal needed to make a game of it after the Dogs capitalized on two power plays in the second to take a 3-0 lead. Back to Slubowski- I saw Frankie after the game and he had a smile bright enough to light up Port Alberni. He was beaming ear to ear- understandably so, as he just picked up his first Junior A win, in his home ice debut, and he also had the final curtain call infront of the Pound faithful with the 1st star announcement. And of course the crowd gave him one heck of a roar.

Frank will sleep well tonight I'm sure. Great game for a great kid.


Oh right, the back of frozen mixed veggies and the bad day..The day was bad of course after my Microsoft Office 2007 problem documented below. The day got even WORSE when I was getting ready to head to the rink before 5pm and I stubbed my toe BIG TIME. The official diagnosis from Bulldog Trainer Jess Moser was "big baby" She's probably right, but it's still killing me! Just imagining what the players go through pain wise over the course of a season makes this not seem so bad.

One thing you NEVER thought you'd see on the blog. A picture of my toe.
OUCH.

In the end, a message to the team should say it all- Thanks for making my day fellas!

Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture doesn't quite do your toe justice as to how swollen and blue it is!
But then again, Jess kinda has a good point