Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Kyle Turris leads Canada to 2 and 0


Former BCHL'er Kyle Turris scored both goals this morning as Canada beat Slovakia 2-0 to start the World Juniors with two straight wins. Atta boy Kyle. One thing about Turris that I remember from the last couple of years when he was in the league is just how nice and polite he was. Whenever I'd be into hour two of a camp out at the Burnaby room to try and interview Rick Lanz, if Kyle was around he would always smile and say hello and make small talk and ask me why the heck I was still hanging out around their dressing room. Even on the Ferry, he would say hello and ask how it was going. 99% of the guys from other teams just ignore you or look grumpy. I have nothing against that, but it's nice to not be afraid of people either and not treat them like "the enemy" so to speak. So thanks for that Kyle, and enjoy the show next year as there is NO WAY you are spending another year at the NCAA level, in my humble opinion.

The success of Turris should make BCHL fans realize that you just never know who you are watching out there on the ice. They could be the star of tomorrow.

It was nice to see that the TSN.ca broadband broadcast WORKED this year as opposed to last year, so I could watch the game this morning between on air moments. If you don't have the benefit of a TV or a computer capable of watching the games at work, try listening to it through the Internet broadcast from THE FAN590 out of Toronto.

Thanks to everyone that came over to our house for the second annual "Kick off to the World Juniors" brunch on Boxing Day. My apologies to anyone who I didn't invite. We just don't have enough room for a big crowd. It was a fun morning and a good game.

Thanks to Brent Paul from Double R Meats for the great breakfast meats. Also thanks to Brent for tracking down some friends in the Czech Republic to try and get me a puck from this year's World Juniors. That would make three tournies in a row if I could get one, which would be cool for my puck collection.

Lastly, thanks to David Wiwchar from A Channel for showing up and getting us on TV. Very cool.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas, or whatever you celebrate.

The Dogs were back at work with practice yesterday, in preparation for three games over the next couple of days- Friday in Duncan, Saturday in Victoria, and then Monday night for the New Year's Eve game against the Caps at the Pound. More on the Dogs tomorrow.

That's it for today, thanks for reading!
Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hammer, seeing you guys on TV made me think there's a new definition for hot stove. Canadian bacon eh!

Good stuff :)

LRT