Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

MONSTER POSTING! More on the TeddyBearToss, Send off on the Summit II, Audio/Video/Stills from Cornell

Alright, I'm on fire today. Lets start with the infamous Teddy Bear Toss. See all the details in my previous post below. SUPPORT the thing like THESE fans. This is a video from the Teddy Bear Toss night for the WHL's Portland Winterhawks. The goal wasn't even allowed in the end, LOL. Great video though!










Several of these questions and comments have come up to my previous posts:


Anonymous said...
Hopefully Clippers score first, I'll for sure throw my teddy on the ice then! If they don't, I will still throw it when dogs score.

Anonymous said...
What happens if we don't get a goal......throw the bears at the ref?

Anonymous said...
Throw them then when AJ Gale scores. Cocky? No. Confidence? Yes

This is what I had sad previously when I was promoting the Teddy Bear Toss here on the blog:

I hope that some of my Clipper fan friends will bring down some Teddies for the night. Just remember, you have to throw them on the ice when the DOGS score. If not, security will boot you out! haha.

So I'm going to stick by that- It's the BULLDOGS Teddy Bear Toss, so any DEBRIS thrown on the ice when the Clippers score should result in the offender being removed from the rink and the Clippers should get a 2 minute delay of game penalty!!! Now of course I'm kidding, but I don't think the Alberni faithful will like Black and Orange Teddies on the ice too much. What would be REALLY nice would be if the Dogs played in Nanaimo on Teddy Bear Toss night, giving their fans a chance to chuck plush at the Frank Crane like the Clipper fans get to do at the Pound. I'd bet that Dog fans would show up with thousands. It would be "TOY RUN PART II" and in the end it would be the kids and the less fortunate that would be the winners!

If the Dogs don't score, don't throw them at the ref unless he calls another penalty on the goalie for knocking the net off for trying to make a desperation save.

Anonymous Clipper fan- I understand and respect the difference between being cocky and feeling confident. Just don't curse your team....The hockey gods work in weird ways!!!


Meet Handy and Mandy. Cute.

GET THOSE BEARS people. Buy 'em at HomeHardware, The Dogs office, or at the game Saturday. Proceeds go to the Children's Hospital. Just bring a bear from home if wish. Several Bulldogs players will be at Home Hardware today from 11:00am to 12:30 or so selling the bears. ___________________________________________________________________
Ahhh, the "Send off at the Summit" What an incredible moment that was. How's this for INCREDIBLE. Earlier this week, I was interviewing former Bulldog and now Wayne State Warrior Tyler Ruel, with plans to air the interview Friday night from the Frank Crane Arena in Nanaimo. Whenever I do the Alumni interviews, I ask every guy what his "favorite moment" as a Dog was. Tyler's favorite moment was- you guessed it- the send off at the summit. I said to him "can you believe that on the very same night this is airing the Bulldog fans and supporters are planning the second ever send off at the summit" We were both a little dumbfounded at the coincidence.

Here's the deal- Nancy Smeltzer is rallying the Bulldog troops, getting the fans mechanized and up and running. She wants the hump to be the site of a banding together of Bulldog supporters, a way to show the team that they are anything but fighting this thing by themselves, a way to show them the fans are behind them. Here's the note that they are handing out at the Dogs office

"It's time to show OUR Bulldogs "We Believe" that they can do it. So, on FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30th by 4:15pm (AT THE LATEST!) We will all meet on the Hump to send them to Nanaimo with a rousing cheer......Bring your SIGNS Bring your VOICES (Hammer edit....and your airhorns) and your Bulldogs gear and BE LOUD AND PROUD as the bus goes by!! Thanks for your support, GO! DOGS GO!!"

So get up to the top of the hump, the "brake check" and get on the big pile of dirt and make some noise!

Way to be Nancy, and I hope the rest of the fans have the boys backs as they head to Nanaimo.

Here's the video- I give this a PG12 rating with mild language. There's your warning. It contains the "S" word a couple of times. I'm sure the guys would've said a bit more, but they were SPEECHLESS. And that is no joke. You have no idea what it takes to make a busload of hockey players pretty much speechless. My apologies that you can't see the drive up to the hump. I didn't know that the glare off the front window was killing my camera....That's what you get when you take video with a digital camera I guess. I think my video is the only that exists so it's better than nothing I guess! The Dogs may be on a losing streak but they are a perfect 1 and 0 on "Send off at the Summit" games to Nanaimo!






One more thing on Dogs and the Clippers- I've had lots of emails about this one, most people shocked at what they heard, and not believing what people have told them they heard on the show. Yes, Bill Bestwick did indeed put some words of encouragement towards BULLDOGS FANS Monday night live on "Alberni Chrysler's Bulldogs This Week" on 93.3 The Peak FM. Probably something that Dogs fans thought they would never hear.

To hear the words for yourself, head to the Bulldogs Multimedia website HERE

_______________________________________________________________

I said it was a monster posting. ALMOST DONE. College Hockey time. I got these great pictures sent to me by Doug Krantz's dad Randy- Doug and the Big Red at MSG last weekend. Pretty awesome.

After I saw these pictures I was inspired to do a little research on Cornell. I found these two AWESOME videos. What an atmosphere in the Lynah rink! Not the classiest bunch, but it's better than a quiet rink! Lots of BCHL talent all over the ice, even an all "Clipper" goal, I think! Enjoy! The videos are broken up into TWO. Make sure you take time to watch both.






I think I'm DONE for today. I told ya- MONSTER POSTING!
Thanks for checking the blog!
Hammer
EMAIL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The goalie remote control is so funny the die and drop dead chants are disgusting and unnecessary the throwing the papers on the ice is just stupid it is nice to see the support

Anonymous said...

Great Videos from Cornell. Amazing fan support and very funny fan participation. Tradition is everything in NCAA schools. Thanks Hammer, I enjoyed every minute.

Hammer said...

Kris-Disgusting and unnecessary? Yah, probably. I see a little of old OCN and old Chilliwack in there though!
How your nice new barn has made you soft ;)

Anonymoose- Glad you enjoyed!