Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

By Request for Matty : "The Count"

photo: chilliwackbruins.com
I received an email last week from former Bulldogs Trainer/Therapist Matt Auerbach (now with the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL of course) asking me if I had any copies of the radio broadcast of the crowd in the Dog Pound doing "the count" in the middle of that incredible winning streak.


Yes- A good lesson in BACKING UP what you have on your computer. Even if my hard drive can't be saved, I still have all of those memories backed up on CD. I spent a good couple of hours yesterday going over alot of the moments from 05-06 looking for the fans chanting the wins and listening to other stuff. I found another crazy moment in my library that Stephen Pattison had remembered as his fondest memory as a Bulldog, a moment he called the loudest he had ever heard the Dog Pound. I'll get that on the blog in the future too.


Nanimo fans must read this and listen to these things and all of a sudden want to barf...All the best moments are against them! I've said it before and I will say it again- It says something about the strength of the rivalry and the Clipper fans should also take it as something to be proud about when it comes to their team. Not proud in the sense that they are coming out on the wrong end of these moments of course, but proud that it says something about their team and their program that someone's best moment and memory is beating THEM.


About the "count" It was just redonkulous to be a part of that winning streak- whether it was media memeber, fan, player, coach, TRAINER, etc. 20 games. That is a THIRD of the season. Just plain nuts. To be there watching it and be on that wave of emotion was an incredible ride to be on. Thinking back and listening back to this I realized that at the time I didn't realize how nuts the whole run really was. Yah, it was amazing. But when you are in the middle of it you don't realize that it might be a once in a lifetime thing.


Fans in the Dog Pound are the best, bar none. No doubt some out there will argue that till the cows come home. The fact that 90% of the people I talk to from other teams and other communities say Bulldog fans are the best is enough validation for me. Having heard the the "wall of noise" and the "ROAR" of the pound crowd is enough for me. If you have never been inside that barn when it really goes nuts- You just DON'T KNOW.


"It's all in the horn" you say? Feel free to watch the video below this post with the fans roaring on the ROAD. And that's a third of the crowd that is at home, in a rink with a high roof, also far different from at home.


And now listen to 2000 people counting in unison. CRAZY.




Thanks to Matty for the request. All the best to you and Jim and the Bruins!


P.S. to Matty- Big Dog got me a Giants hat over the weekend. Don't make me wear it.


P.S.S. to Matty- No trainer since you has had the radio on like you always did in the room. Better pass along some of your tips on that one.


Hammer


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone else having trouble hearing the audio?

Hammer said...

It works for me. Do you have your speakers turned on, and turned up? No headphones plugged it? Are you hearing any other audio sources?

Anonymous said...

I can hear it


ps dont you dare wear that hat

Hammer said...

haha. I might have to wear the hat....what have the Bruins ever done for me? too deep there lol.