Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Roadie Pics!

Hello and thanks for stopping by the blog. Must be short here, as I can hardly keep my eyes open. Got back in the Valley at 9am or so today on the bus with the boys. Left the hotel yesterday at noon for the game in Quesnel. Quite the journey. Pictures!


The Cariboo Memorial Complex in Williams Lake
Anyone who has listened to Bulldogs broadcasts might have heard me talk about the uniqueness of the broacast location in Williams Lake. It's the only broadcast booth that's not centre ice or around there. Take a look at the picture below. Right hand side, follow the stairs up to the room on the right with the lights on . That's the vantage point.
View out of the pressbox facing the corner of the rink I took the above picture from. As you can see, a long ways away from the Williams Lake net for periods 1 and 3.
Quite the view of the Bulldogs net for the same amount of time though, as you can seeDogs trainer Preston Charles takes advantage of the nice weather up north to do some skate sharpening in the sunshine. Funny thing I noticed after......he's parked in the "vets only" parking. While it's veterans of a different kind mentioned of course, I still got a chuckle. Preston is a rookie! Doing a heck of a job though. The players gave him a round of applause for his efforts on his first multiday roadtrip. No picnic, the life of a trainer, never stop working.

Looking out my hotel window Sunday "we have to get on that thing AGAIN already!!??
The Quesnel Twin Rinks aka "the vault"

Cool Rick Hansen carving outside the rink in Quesnel
Every rink is unique. Williams Lake has a end-corner broadcast booth. Quesnel has a front end of an old truck for their goal-judge booth behind the home netPicture from the stands facing where I took the two following pictures from
End looking right at the stands

End looking left (sorry about glass glare, couldn't avoid it) looking at benches and broadcast booth middle. Like Williams Lake, only seating on one side in Quesnel

Thats it. I'm off to bed with the morning show coming tomorrow. More to come in following days, HUGE week for Bulldogs coming up.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Hammer!
Since I don't plan on making a big interior roadie any time soon, it's kind of nice to see the arenas up there.

--L

Anonymous said...

agree, I love seeing pictures of other arenas. thanks