Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

How to vote for Hockeyville, Jim Hiller on 93.3 The Peak tomorrow, Bulldogs signings, Herman to College, GREATEST BLOG POSTCAST HITS.



WHEW, what a title!

First off, here's how to vote for hockeyville. You have until 8:59pm PACIFIC Wednesday, June 7th to get your votes in. Here's the updated info.

Voting for Hockeyville commences at 5:00 pm (PST) Tuesday June 6.Here is how to Vote
Alberni Valley as Hockeyville
You can vote using all three of the following methods:

By Touch Tone phone: by dialing 1-888-459-2006

By Cell phone: by dialing1-888-459-2006

Alberni Valley is in the Pacific Region.Confirm your vote before you disconnect.You may use each method five times to vote for the Alberni Valley.You will need to connect separately for each vote.PLEASE maximize your Vote.Voting commences at 5:00 pm (PST) Tuesday June 6, 2006 and will remain open until Wednesday June 7, 2006 at 8:59 pm (PST).Please ensure that you vote, your family votes and that your friends vote for the Alberni Valley too.




Former Bulldog coach Jim Hiller, new coach of the expansion Chilliwack Bruins of the Western Hockey League, will be joining me on my morning show at 8:10am tomorrow (WED JUNE 7th) to talk Bulldogs, Bruins no doubt, the Alberni Valley, and I'm sure hockey in general. It could be the last interview we get so I suggest you tune in. For those not in the Valley, or for those that miss it, maybe I'll podcast it if you ask nice.

Bulldogs signings, Brad Herman to the NCAA.

Well, it's a fact of life of hockey at this level. Players move on, but players move in. Just like coaches, trainers, staff, etc.

Click this link to read the Brad Herman story from the Alberni Valley Bulldogs website.

Click HERE

Click this link to read the Bulldogs announcement regarding the signing of Dustyn Clegg and Torry Lindsay. Good to know that we'll be increasing our listenership in Manitoba next season to more than my friends and family.

Click HERE

GREATEST HITS!

After getting some feedback from the highlight reel video by talking to players and fans, I just started to miss the games more already. I also realized how many great moments didn't get into the video. Whether it was time contraints, video unavailability or quality, I talked to 3 players and 5 fans and they all told me how much they loved the video, but "why wasn't that one on there, and this one" etc etc. I really wish I could do more. Like I previously said, I don't have the resources to keep making them. HOWEVER, I still have ALL of the podcasts I put on this blog from the day I started it.


So, if you are missing Bulldogs hockey, or the broadcasts, make sure you have a free hour and a computer with sound and sit back and enjoy (I hope) much of the audio I've previously posted from what was a great and memorable season for the Bulldogs. Try to figure out what game these are from, and please leave your comments as to what are your favorites.

the COUNT, for the first time?

early highlight reel

the THUMP. Listen close for the puck on the back bar.

Bert Watkins, AKA "WATTY" by request

Watty INTERVIEW by request

vs The 2006 Royal Bank Cup champion Burnaby Express

In "the puddle" and double OT.

Comeback of the season? This game might have my vote. This was talked about just a couple of days ago with me and a couple Bulldogs players. It was nuts on the back to back goals off the face off, and when Joe Scali scored the second goal, it seemed the rink RUMBLED more than usual. You can even hear it on the highlights, you could feel it in there, becuase I mentionted it. At that point of Joes goal, it was almost like every fan in the rink KNEW that the team was going to come back.

PART 1


PART 2

The streak continues.

Sudden victory.

Sudden victory again, the streak continues. In my eyes, the most emotional game of the streak. Credit to the opponents as much as the Dogs for that. Can't say anything that anyone doesn't know about the Clippers/Dogs rivalry. HERE to LISTEN

Over the Silverbacks, the team that stopped the first streak at 8, if I'm not mistaken. A tear in my eye, for THE LAST COUNT of the streak.

Finally, the last win of the streak. 20 in a row. A third of the season. NOT a pretty win, an ugly, all heart road comeback. But a win is a win they say. About the comebacks- this team NEVER quit. I know we all hear that alot in sports, and I'm sure it's true alot in sports. But if there's anything that really stood out about this team, it's that they never quit, never got their heads down, no matter what the deficit. Just put the work boots on and start over and stop digging that hole. It was a pleasure to watch.

Speaking of great things to watch, this OT was a heartstopper. Maybe the craziest of the season. The final win, 20 in a row. No count as it was on the road. Although I talked to alot of people back home who were tuned in who said they counted at home.

END TO END.

I have more highlights to go, and I will post them in the days to come. I'm sure thats enough reading and listening for now. Again please SPREAD THE WORD about Hockeyville, and about this blog. Post your comments, and email me your submissions/complaints, etc.

Thanks for stopping by,
Hammer.









No comments: