Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dogs and Clippers split weekend, the "CanPar" man fills in, Summit Send off and Hockeyville pics.

Hello and thanks for stopping by the blog. I'm still trying to make my posts all about quality rather than quantity. First off, the weekend split. Great effort and great goaltending for the Dogs in Nanaimo Friday, and great to get a win in the Frank Crane. Those there to witness it could say that the Clippers did the same thing to the Dogs at the Pound Saturday. Great effort and great goaltending. Too bad for the Dogs to lose it the way they did scoring on their own net, but that's sometimes the way you lose the 1-0 games. The game was a must win for the Clippers and it showed in their effort. Great defensive game from Nanaimo overall and while on the penalty kill. No, not a typo that the Bulldogs went 0 for 13 on the powerplay. Crushing for the team to lose the game when it seemed the script was written so right, last home game of the regular season, hockeyville day and flag night, in a game that was sold out for days upon days where they had a chance to clinch. Someone forgot to mention to the Clippers how it was all supposed to turn out, from a Bulldogs perspective. Looking back from a Dogs perspective I guess you would certainly take a split, as the Dogs still control their destiny. From the Clippers side a split is nice and the win in Alberni in a must win was nice to stay alive. In retrospect from the Clippers side they may be wondering "what if" they won Friday night in the Frank Crane as well, as they would be even in points.

Time to introduce a true "BCHL Beauty" in my opinion. Meet Bruce Sly, or as I call him "the Canpar guy" He has been an off ice official in Nanaimo for sometime, since I've been in the league at least. Bruce is in the "tomb sin bin" and works the game clock for Clippers games. Working with Canpar he is in the enviable position to travel to both Nanaimo and Port Alberni, and he's a fixture in the rivalry of the two teams getting to talk hockey in both cities at places all over. Friday in Nanaimo I thought I had a guest for my second intermission, and for whatever reason it didn't work out. In the pressbox in Nanaimo was Bruce, and I said "get in here Bruce" as I knew he would be a good interview, in a pinch. I know those that know him wouldn't believe it to be true, but he was nervous of his radio debut. My thanks to Bruce for helping me out and doing a great job at the same time.

Click here to LISTEN to the interview from our 93.3 The Peak FM broadcast.

Funny story leading upto this weekend about Bruce. Whenever the Bulldogs-Clippers scene heats up, emails are exchanged discussing the upcoming games. I got Bruce's permission to post this part of his email from the past week

Should be a terrific weekend of hockey 6 periods and 4 points,,,,possibly more points what will happen????????
On a much more important note....
Prestige....see Fancy. High Class. The Best of the Best. The Webster says...influence arising from reputation or position...
Now all that said here is my point/request.
Ace I think that I am ready for an ACE ballcap. Monday could be a tough day for me either way the weekend goes. An ACE ballcap is what I am now in need of.
Alf I have put in my time in the trenches. I have been to the Barns and I have dealt with the people In Alberni as well as Nanaimo.
I have heard it all and then some.
Comm'on
Do I get the hat or not??????
I think I have earned one. If I am fortunate enough to acquire the prestigious ACE lid I think I may get it stitched with "TOMB SIN BIN" that would look good on my bean don't you think.....?
Do I get one have I earned it or do I have to do more time......
Wondering.
SLY


Well, when I emailed Bruce back I told him that I thought his bid for a hat would fail. I had mentioned to Ace a while back that I thought Bruce deserved a hat. Ace said he agreed, but his last hat went to JB in Chilliwack. Ace then decided to give Bruce his own hat that he was holding onto. Below is a picture I took of Bruce with his hat. Congrats Bruce, well deserved, and thanks for the interview. Also below are pictures of the sendoff at the summit, and from the hockeyville photo shoot, taken by the BIG DOG. Thanks to him, and get those pictures and ideas sent into me people! EMAIL ME

Thanks for stopping by the blog, more to come as the next games near.
Hammer














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how many people ended up showing ups for the Summit send off and also for the hockeyville picture??

Hammer said...

Gwyn,

Thanks for the post. While no one at either the send off or the hockeyville picture took an official head count, I heard estimates of between 150-300 at the sendoff, and anywhere from 1000 to 2000 at the Hockeyville picture. I got a great Hockeyville picture from Nichelle photo studio I'm going to post- I nominate YOU to count heads, lol.

Thanks again for the comments, and look for the picture tomorrow.

Hammer

Anonymous said...

ummm.. but i don't wanna count heads... ....

can't wait to see the Nichelle pic. they take awesome pictures. i did see some pictures that someone posted on port alberni online... but its too small for a head count. sorry..

Anonymous said...

See you this saturday hamm and egger should be a beauty. Its funny you guys are the last regular season game for the langley hornets and Chilliwack Chiefs all in one weekend.