Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Soon!


Hi everyone, thanks for checking the blog. 

I saw the above image recently somewhere on the internet, and it... spoke to me! 


Hockey IS coming, and yes, it's SOON! 


As of today, it's just eight more sleeps until Bulldog Training Camp begins on September 1st. 


A week later, it's the opening of the preseason - September 8th the Bulldogs visit the Clippers in Nanaimo. The next night, the Clippers return the favour and the Bulldogs have their first home exhibition game. 


The following weekend, the Bulldogs have a home-and-home set with the Cowichan Valley Capitals to conclude their preseason schedule. They visit the Capitals in Duncan on September 15th, and return home to host them Saturday, September 16th. 


After that, it's time to get serious. I'm very excited to get behind the microphone and back on the air on 93.3 The Peak FM for Game one on September 22nd in Coquitlam, and the following night in Langley. 


As far as I can remember, this is the first time in franchise history that the Bulldogs have began their season with a Lower Mainland road trip - not including the couple of years that the BCHL Showcase in Chilliwack was the opening of the regular season at least! 


Thanks to the folks that made kind and encouraging comments about my contemplating resurrecting the blog - I received a handful of positive words on Social Media which wasn't surprising. What WAS surprising was the handful of emails I received, which made me perhaps realize just a bit more how not everyone is on social media and is active there. 


On the topic of Social Media, I can't encourage you enough to follow along with the Bulldogs on all their accounts across all platforms. 

Bulldog Facebook 

Bulldog Twitter 

Bulldog Instagram

They are also on "threads" ... but is anyone really on threads? Let's review that at a later date for now!


Anyway - this blog will never be a replacement for any of the above information sources - but, like my goaltending career, more like a funnel towards them? Hahaha! 


On the Bulldog Instagram page today I saw a couple of neat things:


1)Former Bulldog Mitchel Deelstra is no longer with the NCAA's Ferris State Bulldogs, as he's not playing for the Northern Michigan University Wildcats - joining former Bulldogs Brian Stewart and John Hawthorne to play for that program. 

2)A picture was posted of Hobie Hedquist, now tending net for the University of North Dakota. Miss ya already Hobie! 


Thanks for reading.


Off to take the kids golfing, while I still have the free time!


Hammer



No comments: