Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

AUDIO HIGHLIGHTS, random thoughts, Toy Run pictures!

UPDATE - 2:18pm  - About 100 Toy Run Dance Tickets left!

Accept my apologies if this isn't the best of editing jobs, but I had to do it in about 20 minutes this morning before running out to cover the Toy Run!





As always, all audio is courtesy and copyright 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, LP.


Click HERE to LISTEN/download


Random thoughts -

How awesome was the pregame speech by Spiros Anastas? I got goosebumps when he asked everyone to stand and then said take a bow, be proud, this is YOUR TEAM.

Here's hoping Evan Tironese and Kurt Gosselin are O.K. I don't want to be the guy stirring the pot and creating drama, but I also don't want guys hurt. Especially when it comes to cheap stuff with the sticks. Tironese took a pretty vicious spear that knocked him out for a bit, so he obviously has some sort of injury. I didn't see what happened to Kurt Gosselin when he was forced to leave the game and didn't return, but a security guard in that corner of the rink said he was the recipient of a pretty dirty two-hand slash, baseball style over the arms/hands...I don't want to get anybody suspended, I don't want to call anyone out, but more importantly I don't want any of these young athletes hurt on dirty plays that shouldn't happen. Does the league need to make a statement with stuff like this? If they don't, does it end up in a WORSE spear/slash incident and a serious injury or brawl? As neither incident resulted in a penalty, is the league even aware that they occured, and do the Dogs need to bring it to their attention?

I will obviously know more about the health of the two guys tomorrow, but for now lets hope they are OK. Tironese obviously looked pretty good on the thrilling OT winner....and that's my exact point. Do we want players injured and in the stands? Or on the ice thrilling fans, packing stands, getting scholarships, drafted, etc?


I gotta get back to the Toy Run, thanks for reading!


And HEY, if you like and appreciate the blog, please consider making a donation by clicking the link to the right that says DONATE! Never accepted, always appreciated! I always get a smattering of contributions from fans and parents of the players and it is very appreciated and makes all the time I put into this a little more worth it!

Hammer









No comments: