Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Huge changes in Salmon Arm.


WOW would simply describe it. Maybe those there on site in Salmon Arm knew that something was up, the writing was on the wall, etc etc. No inklings to me though, watching from a distance.

After I saw the smoke on the BCHL message board I called my friend Patrick Haas, play-by-play voice of the 'Backs, to jokingly see if he was still employed. He had no clue what I was talking about.

It's really too bad that people find stuff out on a message board, but that's also the great thing about it I guess, for the fans. On the other side, imagine being one of the Davidson's reading that, or imagine being a player getting a call from a buddy saying "WOW, you got traded to blank-and-blank" and he has no clue about it yet, but it's on a public message board.

Patrick told me that once he knew something, it would be on his blog. Sure enough, there it was when I checked back later. Be sure to check out Patrick's BLOG HERE

By the way, welcome to the "blogosphere" Patty. The more BCHL blogs the better. I will be a regular reader, you can count on that. Thanks for the plug ;)

I really feel for Ty Davidson. He has to be the first 15 and 3 and 1st overall coach to get fired. Having said that, I'm not criticizing the decision by Randy Williams. You want your guy in there. It's happened a thousand times, it will happen a thousand more. Best of luck to Ty and Gary, I'm sure they will land on their feet. I am sure they are proud when they look back on what they accomplished in Salmon Arm -the overall record they amassed, a trip to the BCHL finals, all the players they advanced to the next level whether it's the NCAA, CIS, or NHL.

Welcome back to the BCHL Rylan Ferster. Just like Ty is on the way out now, Rylan was on his way out last spring. Just like I feel for Ty now, I felt for Rylan then.

Rylan and I disagree ALL the time, but see eye to eye ALL the time. I attribute that to the fact we are both very passionate people. Even though we are doing two very different things, we are still watching the same game. It will be easier to get along now that he is not coaching a divisional rival of course. It's hard sometimes for everyone to keep it cordial when you meet in the playoffs for successive seasons. With familiarity breeds contempt?

I'm catching up with Silverbacks owner Randy Williams today for an interview for tomorrow's second intermission show from Cowichan. Should be interesting!
________________________________________________________

Hammer

No comments: