Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Dan "the stats man" Tisserand moves on, Clipper fan Al thinks I'm psychic

My crystal ball


Just want to give a heartfelt "thanks for everthing" to Dan "the stats man" for everything he has done for me and my better half, and of course everything he has done for Bulldogs Broadcasts. Trust me, it's more than you will ever know!

I'll keep Dan's personal information off of here in respect to him. It has been a change of location and employment that has made Dan unavailable to help out in the booth anymore as he is moving to Nanaimo. Hey DAN MARSHALL, need a stats guy? He's really good- but I don't think he'll ever cheer for the Clippers. At least you better not DAN!

Thanks for everything my friend. You are more than welcome to help out the broadcast whenever time allows.

Got this nice email from Bulldog fan Barb:

Hammer: Was talking to "Dan, the stats man".....last game is on Tuesday! What a shame..such a nice guy! Told him to STAY AWAY from those "Clippers" !! Looks like you and Rick will have to do it all yourselves ! Not easy! GO DOGS !! Barb

Moving it along-
I must say I get quite the chuckle from my friends in Clipper land, Bruce and Al. Both are great guys, and both are great Nanaimo Clipper and BCHL fans. You wouldn't think it would be possible for them to be great guys and friends being Clipper fans.... (KIDDING, before someone starts bashing me)

They are smart and honest hockey fans, always cheering for their own team but always seeing the game from both sides.

I don't hate them for calling the Dogs "the puppies" all the time, LOL. At least Bruce calls 'em "The Flippers" when the DOGS win.

Talking about AL specifically, I think he's totally convinced that I am psychic, or that I have a direct line to the players on the bench and on the ice through my brainwaves, HAHAHA.

It first started when the Dogs hosted Nanaimo a couple of Thursday's ago. I don't know exactly what it was that I said, but Al commented on it after- I'm not sure if he was in the building with his radio listening to our broadcast, or at home listening through the FANZONE, but he said it was odd how I was picking up on things BEFORE they happened. Two days later, when the Dogs hosted Salmon Arm and they were down 3-1 after two, Al sent me an email during the game saying something along the lines of "just say what you said Thursday and those guys will get a couple of quick goals again" Not two minutes after that it was 4-3 Dogs instead of 3-2 Salmon Arm!!

Most recently on Tuesday night, I said something along the lines of "how big would a goal be right now" and before Rick was finished his sentence BANG it was in the net and it was 4-2. Al and I exchanged emails after the game, pretty funny stuff:

Hi Hammer:

I hope everyone enjoyed the Clipper’s wearing there Black & Orange, goes with the season, thanks for the treats.

You should have at least give yourself a radio star for calling the second goal. That was quite amazing how that worked out so quick.After you did that I was thinking, I hope you don’t get anymore of those kind of thoughts & you transfer them down to the boys like you did last time. I couldn’t believe how you could say that, 5 sec. later, red light goes on, like I said, glad you didn’t get any more of those thoughts.

The Clippers were not good sharing the puck with the puppies last night, they have played like that for the last 4 games.

That's great stuff right there! Thanks for the hockey talk guys! All in good fun folks.
Hammer

No comments: