Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, November 02, 2007

Dogs gameday, great news out of the Bulldogs camp

Tonight's second intermission feature guest is Randy Williams, owner of the Salmon Arm Silverbacks. I caught up with Randy yesterday regarding all of the ownership and management changes he has made with his team. Tune in, it's a good one.

So, what's the great news out of the Bulldog camp?

Well, the floor in the dressing room hasn't given way showing a direct route to the pits of hell, for one.
Two- the ceiling hasn't collapsed, because amazingly, the sky hasn't fallen.
Three- no one has quit, no one has been cut, no one was feeling sorry for themselves.

Why is this good news? It's good because in a community like Port Alberni, a city that lives and dies by each and every single game their team plays- It would be easy for the coaches and players to get pulled into the pits with the fan base, after a game like Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong- Tuesday was beyond awful. If you listened to the game broadcast you heard me saying just as much throughout the game. The team knows the effort and result was awful. They said just as much yesterday. "Rock Bottom" was a term I heard used to describe Tuesday's game.

As they say though- the sun will rise tomorrow, tomorrow is a new day, and on and on.

I don't know what was said in the room after Tuesday's game. It's safe to say that PLENTY was said. Nothing was different yesterday. The players and staff were determined and were working their butts off. It's the only way they will get better. In the end, it's what the fan base wants.

EFFORT.

They didn't really get that Tuesday, so maybe that's why there was more people jumping off the wagon than usual.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the fan base. Still the best in hockey, the best I've seen anywhere. I'm just hoping everyone learns to roll with the punches a bit better, the peaks and valleys. Maybe it's just how it all appears to me......

The Dogs beat Nanaimo and Salmon Arm one week, and everyone is planning parades and believing the team can accomplish anything.

Exactly one week later, and after three losses on a mainland road trip, everyone I run into is in the gutter and it ready to dismantle the team and trade the whole lot of them and build for next year because they can't get it done. I heard that BEFORE and AFTER the Nanaimo game Tuesday. Anyone stop to think if this effects the players at all? Youch.

I've ranted way too long.

I believe.
Should've just said that and nothing more.
I honestly believe that the team believes too.
I guess they gotta make everyone else believe all over again too.

Hammer

2 comments:

beaner'nmom said...

Hey Hammer.....WE BELIEVE!!! They are still learning to work together and play together as a team. We stay til the very end of every game, until the three stars are called...win or lose....we stay to cheer on OUR BOYS. Angel doesn't ever believe her Bulldogs lose, she says they are WINNERS dispite what the score board says. She doesn't measure winning by the score board but in the completion of the game they began. I agree with her. There is a lot for them to learn and grow from, even on a Rock Bottom night. And each game teaches them more about being a stronger team and a better player within it. And look, last nights game proved it. Tipping Cows in their own barn is pretty darn tough to do! Go Bulldogs Go!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!

Angel and Cheryl

Hammer said...

What a great post!

It inspires me to hear words like this!

Thanks Angel and Cheryl!

Tipping Cows, LOL!