Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Roberto Luongo gives up the "C"

Just got this from the Canucks...."About time" in my opinion.

Hammer





Roberto Luongo relinquishes captaincy

Monday, 13.09.2010 / 1:00 PM / News

Vancouver Canucks


Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that goaltender Roberto Luongo has decided he will relinquish his role as team captain. Luongo's leadership remains important to the club's continued success and he will continue to support teammates with his work ethic, discipline and desire to win.



"Roberto has been an excellent captain for our team the past two seasons," said Mike Gillis. "We respect and support his decision to relinquish the captaincy and are confident that he will continue to help lead our team through his tremendous character and work ethic both on and off of the ice."



"I am honoured to have served as captain of the Vancouver Canucks for the past two seasons," said Roberto Luongo. "Being captain in a Canadian city for a team with such passionate fans is a privilege and an experience I will always take pride in. I will continue to be a leader on this team and support my teammates the same way I always have while focusing on our ultimate goal."




Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments: