Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Kings 3 Dogs 0

This one had a bit of everything, and not a lot of it good for the Alberni Valley Bulldogs.


From stretchers to ambulances to multiple frisbees in the head for the broadcaster, it was quite the night.


One of the scarier incidents I've seen in my close to 1000 games happened just 5 minutes into the game as Frank Riddle was knocked out on a hit by Scott Renner. A 15 plus minute delay with a motionless Frank Riddle was gut wrenching to watch.


All I can tell you now is that Frank is alert and back with the team after being taken to the Hospital by the Ambulance.


Bulldogs Trainer Chad Oliver certainly didn't want his first game with the team to begin that way. In speaking to Chad after the game he credited the Kings Medical Staff and Volunteer Team for a job well done in supporting him through the situation.


The Dogs were visibly disjointed on the ensuing 5 minute major, but who can blame them for having to see a teammate in that position.


The Dogs weren't able to get much going in the way of offense throughout the game, mustering just 20 shots.


Frank Slubowski was the bright light, keeping the Dogs in it as the Kings came out flying in the second. Matt Garbowski made it 1-0 before Chad Niddery banged a wrap around rebound home as it was 2-0 Kings after 2. An empty netter in the final minute sealed the deal.


Oh, and about the frisbees...My thanks to the Kings staff for talking to me after the game assuring me they will deal with the situation.


Broadcasting in the stands isn't an acceptable place, for this exact reason. Its hard to do your job when you are unexpectedly clocked in the back of noggin'. As I was talking to the Operators at the Radio Station who were asking what the heck happened to me, an on-looking Kings Volunteer blamed me, saying "you aren't supposed to be there" HAHA. No kidding! I wasn't there because I wanted to be.


Needless to say, I was a little fired up. Its a tough situation for the Kings in the building there, but they have promised me they will do their best to rectify the situation in the future, and that's all that myself and the 15 other BCHL Broadcasters and all of our listeners can ask for.


Hammer



Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments: