Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, June 11, 2010

More on Trent Murdoch, Hawks have parade


A special stick-tap to my old teammate on Bulldogs Broadcasts, Alf Thompson, for some additional stats on the newest member of the Bulldogs, Nanaimo native Trent Murdoch who is pictured above as a member of the Comox Valley Glacier Kings in 2008-2009.

Murdoch has a nice resume beyond his just shy of 20 goals and 50 points season last year in the BCHL....Murdoch was the 2009 V.I.J.H.L Rookie of the Year as he amassed 65 points in 48 regular season games with 27 goals and 38 assists. Great numbers. He scored 8 goals on the power play, 3 goals short handed, and he spent 72 minutes in the penalty box.

His 65 points was good for second overall in league scoring.



Congrats to the Hawks and their fans.....I sadly didn't see a single moment of the action from the clincher, as I had a double header on the Slo-Pitch Fields. Whomever comes up with our schedule really needs to consider the playoffs!


I finally saw the winning goal yesterday. Wow, what an odd one. That's how you bump a 'since '61 slump. It was funny to listen to all four broadcasts, CBC, NBC, Flyers Radio, and Hawks Radio. NO ONE got the goal call right, as everyone had varying degrees of confusion in their calls of the biggest goal of the year. It was certainly an odd one.

The biggest laugh I got was from the NBC call by Doc Emrick. He is without a doubt the NUMBER ONE play-by-play caller in the US. And while I would take him over almost anyone else that calls games South of the Border, I still am not a HUGE fan. In my opinion, he has a whole bunch of 'isms' that rub me the wrong way. I'm sure I have lots that rub people the wrong way too. I just don't like that his 'isms' seem to just "fill in the blanks", and they aren't necessary what is ACTUALLY HAPPENING during the game.


Case in point is "it's kicked on back". Doc must say this 764 times a game. "kicked on back, kicked on back"


I found the goal call on Kane's winner nothing short of hilarious. SHOT...SCO..........AND IT RATTLES AROUND, AND ITS KICKED ON BACK AND               SCORRRRRRE


MAYBE you could say that there was some "rattling around" but there was definitely not a "kicked on back" as the puck didn't move once it went in the net. Watch....





That's it for today...besides the World Cup....GO BRAZIL!




Hammer

No comments: