Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Nolan Graham interview from this morning, brother act means FIRST NAMES ONLY


My thanks to Bulldogs Head Coach and GM Nolan Graham for finding the time on this busy day to join me on my 93.3 The Peak FM morning show today to talk about tonight's HOME OPENER.

Click HERE to listen to the interview

As always all audio is courtesy and copyright 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group.

BROTHER ACT.

Looking at the roster taking shape over the summer, I was excited but I also knew it would be a challenge with the Macmillan and Mitchell brothers both suiting up for the Bulldogs.

It's a big challenge for the play-by-play broadcaster to make the listener know which Mitchell and which MacMillan is who.

I was planning on using the full name for each player. Josh, Sam, Mitch, and Mark. Back in the 2002 season I had the challenge of calling games for a team that had a set of brothers and a set of cousins. It was a challenge, but I found I could call the game fine when mentioning first and last names.

Fast forward to my plan for this year.

Just my personal preference, but I don't much like the "Daniel to Henrik" thing, I'm more a fan of full names. So I hoped I could again use full names and call the game up to the standard I try to attain. But I couldn't. This isn't 2002 and this isn't Manitoba anymore. The game is too fast out here in the BCHL, and I've changed my call of the game to be much more descriptive in regards to whats happening, and where it's happening. I know I call a much better game for it.

SO - After giving full names a shot in Powell River last Friday, and finding out I can't keep up with the play at the level that I would like to be able to - MITCH MARK SAM AND JOSH is how it's going to be from this game forward!

Hammer

No comments: